IGNORED

Autocom OEM radio connection

johnlt

I have an 07 RT with OEM radio. I would like to connect it to my Autocom port 3 (2 has my Zumo/XM/cell). Autocom UK recommended the part # 2275 which connects to the speaker wires. I've done this before on my 05 RT but I thought the later models allowed for a direct connection with an adapter on the back of the radio. Is the speaker wire connection the "only" method? Thanks,

I would recommend using the rear speaker leads. This would allow you to fade all of the signal to the autocom. I used this method for hooking up a J&M bluetooth transmitter and it works great. Here is a pinout for the stereo. You will need to purchase 4 connectors from BMW to do it properly.

517842654_a7ngK-S-1.jpg

I used the stereo isolation lead and wired it through the rear speakers as written by Tapatio. Now it's fully fade-able.

Great Success! :grin:

I went to my local electronics supplier and bought a 6-pin generic socket and used 4 of the the female pins from that to wire it in. Cost about $1.50

• 2 weeks later...

Tabatio, I just finished the install per your approach and it works great. I went to the BMW car dealer and they had the female connectors I needed ($4) no problem. It fades nicely now so I can choose headset or speakers. Thanks for the info.

• 7 months later...
Turbulence

Would any of you guys have any photos of your connection techniques? I plan on wiring in my Autocom this weekend and hoped to use the rear speakers to allow fading.

Thanks!

Turbulence

Turbosneeze

Pardon my ignorance, but can this be done to a 04 RT with OEM radio also? I also have an autocom and would love to have my radio working with it too.

Not sure if it can be done in the same way. On my 03RT, I had to solder into the speaker wires to get the audio but after that, it worked great. I, however, could not "fade" it using the rear speaker fading control.

It sure is doable on your 04 RT. I just wired mine up yesterday (of course I didn't take pictures), but followed wired it up direct to the rear speaker pins on the back of the radio and now it's fades from front speakers to Autocom. Couldn't be happier.

Archived