IGNORED

R1100 Heated grips, Sticking??

twowheelsonly

twowheelsonly

I am curious if the throttle should operate the same as when the heat is on, my grips heat up but the throttle seems to drag and not rotate freely as it does when the heat is off. is there a way to service this and what is the procedure.

Thanks for your help

twowheelsonly

No, although the fellow I bought the bike from did have one and he removed it cause he did not like it.. I don't have the throttle lock as he did not have it anylonger

Thanks!

The heater expands the throttle tube jamming it between the end-weight and the controls. You need to either slacken the controls off and move them inboard a little or take the lazy way like I did and put a thin washer under the bar-end weight to give a little more space.

Andy

twowheelsonly

Thanks for all the input.. I ordered a service manual but do not have it, Question.. how do you remove the counter weight..

Thanks!

Stewart

You might want to spray some lubricant in there while you have the weight off. It made the throttle action much smoother. Also, make sure the grip is not touching the weight. Sometimes the constant outward force of your hand moves the grip so it contacts the end weight.

Archived