IGNORED

can i use respol fully synthetic 10w 50 in my 1100RT

tweed

Any oil that meets the specs in your owners manual will do fine, be it synth, dyno or whatever.

Weight depends on temperature range in your locale - also detailed in the owners manual

Andy

They got me for 15.99 a quart. Ouch.

64 dollars plus service and tax... ugh. All for a "it will be fine oil"

Seriously the oil is fine. All oil is fine. Really, it is.

Please come to my garage sales. I can use the income :/

Seriously though. I use Castrol 20w 50w at about $12.00/5qt jugs. You have a dry clutch and an agricultural motor. Don't worry about it.

I found Castrol 5w-50 at K Mart haven't bought it though the though of a 5W winter oil seems to make sense. The manual does state any 5W-x where x>=40 or 10W-x are special oils that are approved individually by BMW AG. anyone know where this info is?

It should be fine. How much did they charge you ? I sometimes find NAPA synthetic which is made by Ashland Oil on sale for $2.20 a qt.

I thought it was made by valvoline. They had synthetic 15W50 for $2.99 a quart. I bought 2 cases.

David :)

The oil should be renamed "Ripsoff". Dealer markup over wholesale has got to be 100% at that price. What dealers loose in motorcycle sales is made up at the parts and service department.

It should be fine. How much did they charge you ? I sometimes find NAPA synthetic which is made by Ashland Oil on sale for $2.20 a qt.

I thought it was made by valvoline. They had synthetic 15W50 for $2.99 a quart. I bought 2 cases.

David :)

Ashland chemical makes Valvoline. Other private label oils are also by Ashland, Carquest being one of them.

Thank You.

My bike had its first 100,000 miles on it using dino Valvoline. (previous owner) The next 100k will probably be Synthetic. 185 psi compression dry, one ninety something wet.

David

Archived