IGNORED

Engine Brain

SKYGZR

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Might make a diff in my marginally performing 1973 TR6 with its tractor engine but, I skeptical. EFI already atomizes pretty darn well.

Come to think of it, isn't the combustion front sonic?

+1 smiller, they lost me when I saw 15 hp gain from a spark plug.

Crooks like this need to be exposed and run out of business. Anytime I see an ad like this in a motorcycle magazine, I write the editor telling them by accepting money from these crooks, they tarnish their own reputation.

I always go by this rule of thumb:

If it were this cheap and easy, it would be standard equipment

on every internal combustion engine on the planet.

Although this may be slightly off topic; back in the early days of racing, placement of exhaust and engine timing were important to allow the the "sonic" pressure of the exhaust to help force the mixture through the carbs.

Same idea I suppose...a waste of money to be sure, but interesting marketing idea.

Although this may be slightly off topic; back in the early days of racing, placement of exhaust and engine timing were important to allow the the "sonic" pressure of the exhaust to help force the mixture through the carbs.

Same idea I suppose...a waste of money to be sure, but interesting marketing idea.

Not really the same thing. Induction and exhaust tuning are still important today (but don't really have any 'sonic' characteristic other than that they do involve compressions and refractions (waves) of air so I guess a marketeer could go to town on that aspect.) The plugs in the advertisement claim to further break up the fuel/air mixture (same as 'turbulators', etc.) All bunk... manufacturers spend a lot of effort engineering intake and exhaust systems and if there were any easy gains to be had they'd be in there already.

You know, if some of you start putting these things in your bikes and they are louder because of your new sonic plugs’ ultrasonic whistle tip making too much noise; I’m going to be mad!

;)

Don't worry Ken, the ultrasonic frequency required to vaporize gasoline is 27,850 Hz, too high to hear.

Yeah but what octane though? Surly the required frequency must change based on octane, relative humidity, and psi of the outside air (adjusted for bike temp. relative to ground temperature (in K)).

What I don’t get though is how they take into account loud pipes on the bike? Surely the resonator fraction of the dynamic refractory sound-modifier junction positioner must interfere at a sub-harmonic of the ultrasonic actualizing compensation adjuster, that would just have to be built into each plug, yes?

Calling Mitch, calling Mitch – We need a formula here!

What I don’t get though is how they take into account loud pipes on the bike? Surely the resonator fraction of the dynamic refractory sound-modifier junction positioner must interfere at a sub-harmonic of the ultrasonic actualizing compensation adjuster, that would just have to be built into each plug, yes?

Not to worry, our FuelMaximizer technology takes care of all that, not to be confused with bargain-brand sonic plugs that do not include this feature. You get what you pay for!

I might fit a pair to the old R1150RT just to see the superior and supercilious smirks of R1200RT riders wiped off their faces as I blast by. The supersonic whistling of the plugs would just be a bonus to clear the deer from the road ahead.

Linz :)

Joe Frickin' Friday
Calling Mitch, calling Mitch We need a formula here!

I think Bernie Madoff has the formula for this one.

Don't worry Ken, the ultrasonic frequency required to vaporize gasoline is 27,850 Hz, too high to hear.

Yeah, but you'll drive every dog within a mile nuts.

I make and sell the atomic self leveling super duper electronic hydrometric flourophotometer that increases mileage, purifies oil, balances your tires, tunes your engine as you drive, retards monkey butt, and highlights all deer at night. For only three easy payments of $19.95 you too can reap the benefits of this product. Send your money to the White House marked "for the national debt".

I’m almost curious as to what they actually do to the plugs. Take an ordinary spark plug and touch it to a grinder for a second to make a mark on the ground side electrode would my guess.

Ken, it sort of looks like they just drill a small hole in the ground electrode directly across from the center electrode..

I wonder how they talk their way around the reverse spark on one side of a lost spark system..

Kind of interesting that their dyno test isn’t even apples to apples as they clearly state they adjust the ign timing when they install their whistling wizard wazzo spark plugs..

Twisty

If the ultrasonic pulse doubles as a deer whistle, I'm in.

Come to think of it, I can't beleive they didn't include that in the ad.

But Wait! That's not all, I'm not even close to done yet...

Kind of interesting that their dyno test isn’t even apples to apples as they clearly state they adjust the ign timing when they install their whistling wizard wazzo spark plugs..

Twisty

I guess to get the HP gain you have to include a tune up with the installation of these plugs. :rofl:

Glen, over the years I have seen quite a few ground electrodes break off (or burn off).. They usually just go out the exhaust valve but every once in a while one will get over to the squish area & embed in the piston top or cyl head.. Probably wouldn’t be out of the question for one to get stuck in between the ex valve & seat either but I haven’t ever witnessed that..

In any case any broken pieces inside the combustion chamber can’t be a good thing..

Twisty

And if the weakened negative electrode burns through and you end up with a piece of metal scoring the cylinder??

Then I bet they'll give you your $7 back toward repair of the engine!

I had an electrode break off on my BMW M3. It damaged the top of the piston and the head but not the cylinder walls. It also blew the head gasket at he same time.

As far as exhaust whistles, you gotta check out Bub Rubb and whistle tips. Its classic. watch carefully when they drive off, almost clip a car and run a stop sign.

Archived