IGNORED

Thanksgiving is coming!! What are your plans??

Firefight911

Jamie and I have always done Thanksgiving like gypsies. That's to say that we usually end up going over to a friend's place. Many times it's multiple houses.

Jamie and I don't have family that we spend it with and have not done Thanksgiving at our place, on our own, ever! Wow!

This year is gonna be different! Jamie and I are going to have a traditional Thanksgiving at home, just the two of us. We have SO much to be thankful for and I am really looking forward to sharing this time with her, as a couple, surrounded with God and our love for each other.

Of course, since Thanksgiving is truly my favorite holiday we'll be doing it right. 16 pound bird!!!!! I can just taste the turkey sandwiches already. Let alone the turkey soup!!!

We will have real cranberry sauce. None of that canned crap!!! Sweet potato casserole, green beans, stuffing (done IN the bird), as well as sausage (again, done IN the bird), wine, and dessert (to be determined).

Up really early the morning of Thanksgiving to finish prep and get 'Tom' in the oven. Real early because Jamie and I will be attending the 'Folsom Turkey Trot' that morning. I will be running a 10k race and Jamie will be doing the 5k walk/run. Afterwards, it's back home to the smells of food, a shower, and then a good meal with a God filled prayer to kick it off.

How about you? What do you do? What are you going to do? What will you eat?

Just remember, every one of us has so much to be thankful for!!!

Thanksgiving (Thursday to Sunday) will be with son/daughter in law/grandson north of New York City, around Christmas will be with daugter/son in law/two grandaughters in Pompano Beach FL. :thumbsup:

I will be camping for Thanksgiving again this year. I will be with my wife and son along with my brother,neice and one of her friends. We will set up Thursday morning and cook a turkey breast over the fire on a rotisserie.

Phil and Jamie, with a 16 lb bird for two of you, you will have Thanksgiving, turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey casserole, turkey surprise and surprise turkey again!!!

Happy Thaknsgiving to all and when you sit down to eat say an extra prayer for our service members away from home protecting us all.

Well, i'm sorta the cook in the family. we have all the outlaws over and then big time poker (guts) afterwards. cook two birds, one the day before to make sure there are leftovers. usually have about 12-14 then the cousins pop in for guts on the way home from the maternal grandparents.

we eat well, as do most people. in the am, after throwing the big bird #2 in the oven i enjoy a short moto ride of 70-80 miles.

this will be the 24th year of "us" hosting turkey day. cigars and bonfire cap off the day.

ShovelStrokeEd

830 mile ride from Knoxville, TN to home in WPB. My work cup runith over yet again and I'll be here till the 25th. Plan is to probably stop in Gainesville for the night and make the rest of the way home on Friday. Don't feel too bad for me, I'll be riding the Tuono and there are a bunch of good restaurants in Gainesville.

Ok 1bmwfan

We (BMWST members) will all be at your house for thanksgiving prayers and food.

Actually Thanksgiving and Christmas I always go downtown and give out some of the clothes Ive bought over the last year along with blankets and socks etc for the folks that have not been as fortunate. So that is my plan.

Ok 1bmwfan

We (BMWST members) will all be at your house for thanksgiving prayers and food.

Actually Thanksgiving and Christmas I always go downtown and give out some of the clothes Ive bought over the last year along with blankets and socks etc for the folks that have not been as fortunate. So that is my plan.

You show up, the door will be open . . . along with the rest of the "family."

Awesome thing you;re doing there!!! Jamie and I are doing a donation ride on Dec. 5 for children.

This Friday I'm heading to Melbourne, Australia for a week! I'm really excited about exploring the area and sampling the fantastic food that I keep reading about and seeing on the Travel Channel

Drive 750 miles to Delaware. Look for a heritage or at least non-frozen turkey, and cook it. Meet daughter's (apparently serious) boy friend for the first time.

In san francisco with my daughter and her boyfriend. Be there for a week so will be pestering some left coast friends if they answer the phone. :thumbsup:

Dinner for 16 or so, family, friends, for nigh on to 30 years of hosting.

So, clean, cook, eat, watch football, walk the dogs, eat, watch football, walk the dogs, eat, watch football...

Oh yeah, and appreciate, both aloud and silently, the many wonderful years Beth and I have had together and try to share that happiness with the aforementioned freeloa, er, I mean family and friends.

:grin:

Someone I know once hatched the idea that if we ... er I mean they ... each told the other side of family that they were going to the opposite side's for Thanksgiving, they could stay home and enjoy a peaceful and quiet holiday. The statute of limitations for the last time that was done has expired, so that someone might just be doing the same thing again this year. ;)

Everyone in the family usually comes to our house. We have enough room to fit everyone. Usually about 10 or 12 of us. Mostly women so we all cook and bring. I cook the Turkey. 2 years ago I had an ulcer on my tongue and couldn't eat. Last year I had a stomach virus and couldn't cook or eat. Had to give David instructions on how to cook the Turkey. This year so far I am thankful for my health. :lurk:

Dinner with the family at eldest brothers home. I'm making the pies. Sister in law is making everything else; her choice.

No more flights. No more 9 1/2 hour marathon driving with the V-1 alerts; bee bee bee beep beep BEEP BEEPPPPPPP

I love living here, near my family.

Sadly both of my parents passed long ago. Luckily my wife's parents are nearby and we still have the family soiree/feast and everybody shows up for football, fellowship and my wife's pumpkin pie (real pumpkin, not canned and homemade crust)etc etc. I will surely miss it when it's gone.

P.S. Trust me, enjoy the family while you still can.....

Our house will be overcrowded on Thanksgiving. Two of my son's buddies from North Dakota are driving down to spend some time with us. One of our nieces is coming, along with her husband and their five kids. I'll be picking up Grandpa that morning and chauffeuring him to our place. I expect that we'll pick up a couple more holiday "orphans," as we usually do, and we'll end up with somewhere between a dozen and a dozen and a half for our mid-day feast.

Me? I'll do the turkey and a few other dishes. My wife will make at least three desserts (she's an incredible baker). There will be kids yelling and crying. The big screen will be blaring. The dog will be underfoot. I predict that the kitchen will be a huge mess. Chaos will reign supreme. And I'll be thankful.

Katy & I are going to drive to Grand Jct., CO to celebrate T-Day with 30ish family and friends. Great food, great friends and family, excellent wine, fine cigars, great scenery, what more could one want?? We are truly blest! We made the same trip last year and tried to stop through Torrey on our way home to buy Killer lunch only to discover that Torrey is a ghost town in the Winter and Killer was in Logan, UT with Janet.

Sounds like a grand time Barry :wave:

I'll be in Bourge France working and thinking of a far off family and some of the nuts on this board.

It would be fun to see pictures of Thanksgiving spreads.

The Mrs. (Keely) is crazy and loves the whole fam damily over on TD. Why? Not sure..... :grin: Anyway I hate that day for one reason only!!

I get stuck playing games or cards and i am a sore loser if I don't come out on top. So if you hear some screaming.....it won't be the turkey!!!!!! :)~

I'll be packing up the SUV with the SO, my daughter and granddaughter, and heading to Tallman's place in the Florida tundra, Tallahassee. I'll bring Kay Kay too (my Lab enjoys visiting Tim's place..and his dog.. as much as I do.) Beth is a wonderful cook and they are great hosts, so it will be a fun time.

I'll be packing up the SUV with the SO, my daughter and granddaughter, and heading to Tallman's place in the Florida tundra, Tallahassee. I'll bring Kay Kay too (my Lab enjoys visiting Tim's place..and his dog.. as much as I do.) Beth is a wonderful cook and they are great hosts, so it will be a fun time.

So you thought I was serious about dropping by?

Jeez, as far away as you are I never thought you'd, oh well, I needed to shower this month anyway.

:P

Tick-tock, won't be long.

My plans include looking at the snow and ice on the road and trying to figure out how I can get the bike out for "one more ride". Never buy a house with a garage door on the NORTH side. Sigh! Never live on a road that is shaded by trees all year around. Double sigh! Sometimes it is very hard to get in even one ride each month. Stuff to be thankful for? Sure, but it could be better. I love Montana but sometimes it can be a pain.

I haven't been around much since I sold the BMW and got into Jeeps. Really miss you guys. I even miss you Phil, but in the interest of full disclosure, I miss Jamie more. :grin: Really glad to hear your doing well.

As far as thanksgiving? Well, with a little luck, I'll be in Johnson Valley, Ca. staring up sledgehammer. Hope this works. (video)

http://rubiconscat.com/Hammers/08/BBQ/test.html

Well, since I didn't really answer this post yet here goes.

Getting on a plane Tuesday, heading to Minneapolis MN. Then driving several hours to the north woods of Wisconsin. Specifically Rhinelander.

Then if all goes well Lori's entire immediate family will be there visiting at one of the siblings homes. Her Brooklyn / Long Island parents may actually be moving to Wausau to be closer. Watch out WI!

Most of you guys that know me know I'm a So Cal native. Do I own a jacket? Hell, do I even own pants!? Snow? what's that? really... I've never seen it fall from the sky...

So this should be a experience.

Thanksgiving? Turkey? What?

Here the big flap is over Tobaski on the 27th. This commemorates the (almost) sacrifice of Isaac (Ismael) by Abraham (Ibrahim)and is the single biggest "do" of the year. Every family that can afford to do so slaughters a ram, shares it with family and neighbors and feasts mightily. A good time is had by all and even the poor get to eat well.

BUT....Man, do I ever miss stuffing and gravy!!!!!!! Do I ever miss the smell of turkey roasting in the oven and the delight and good fellowship of fellow Americans around the table.

To all of you, the Creator's blessings on you and your families. May you continue to live in peace. May our men and women in peril come home safely and may Americans continue to have so much to be thankful for.

I'm cooking for between 11-14 people, which is about average for the years when I host the holiday. I have cooked for as many as 30 (which was a pain) and as few as 7, but 10-15 seems to be about average for my Turkey Day feasts.

Mark will be in TN eating the driest turkey known to mankind (his mother's). We usually spend the Feast of St. Turkey (that was from my grandma) at our respective families, and then refuse to go anywhere on Christmas.

My daughter, her husband and my son will eat me into the poor house.

She moved to Abu Dhabi right after her wedding because her husband got an excellent opportunity.

Although my son lives in San Antonio, I keep more frequent communication with her! I just can't pin down the guy! So I'm very much looking forward to it.

Archived