IGNORED

Cataract Surgery with IOL

Tank

7 am tomarrow morning I have a appointment with Dr. to remove a cataract on my right eye. This is a good thing as I tryed to ride at night with my left eye patched and it was dang near impossable. Still, that does not releave the weebee-geebees of the thought of allowing someone to mess with my6 eyesight. FEAR, there I said it, hahahahaha, when I had my back done the fear was nothing like this.

Having said it to you all it seems silly now. I shall sleep and a friende will pick me up in the morning at the motel i'm staying at and deleaver me to the eye center and all wi8ll be good.Ahhhhh , the peace of mind aftert vent. This should last till 3am or so

Just got home from work. What a night. Hey give yourself a hug for taking care of yourself. You will be fine. This aint the 1800s.

2009 and you will be fine in no time. Good thoughts!

Every person I know who has had cataract surgery has said, "Why did I wait so long?" Keep us up to date with the recovery. With the demographics of this group, it's an experience in many of our near futures.

keeping all fingers crossed, here. Tell us how it went and later, rub it in as to how well you can see with right eye.

I am due for it next Spring.

Wonders of wonders, In at seven am, sent me packin at 8:30 am .

6 pm here now and the dialation of right eye is just wearing off.

I'll see the Dr. at 8am tomarrow for the post op, but the way things feel it will just a follow up. I wanted dvd of the procedure and was told that that doen't come in tourist class.

Looking forward to the ride home thru the twistys of Ca. Rt. 199, than the redwoods.

Can't wait to SEE with my right eye tomarrow with the drugs wore off also , but not least, Thanks all for the GOOD THOUGHTS

Hey Bill, glad to hear you survived. I think you'll be pleased with the results. I've had both my peepers done in the last 3 years and I'm seeing 20/20! Sweet!! Hope your turns out as well. I love not having to wear glassed or contact lens. And isn't that Michael Jackson sedative awesome! I was drunk for a day and a half. I ordered a six pack take out when I left the Doc office.

Lots better Doc...

So, this morning I wake to rain outside the motel window, suit up and ride to the post op appointment. The doc checks his work and finds that my being able to read the bottom line letters on his chart puts me into the "GREAT" catagory... Right eye real close to 20-20 vison..... now , the funny part, three people have mentioned to me today that I am missing a right lens in my glasses.

Next week I'll see my regular Doc to be fitted with glasses for the left peeper. BTW According to the surgion my left eye will maybe need work in a year or two.... It would be cool to lose the glasses.Even though it was raining with a bit of wind, riding the RT thru the twistys today felt so much better,mummmmmmm

Wonderful! I know the feeling. Both my eyes needed the procedure in short succession, but while one was corrected and the other not, for my glasses I had a plain glass in front of the good eye - just to avoid questions and funny looks. Riding without glasses is great, specially in wet weather. No spray on glasses. On wet and foggy days no glasses to fog up. With a pinlock shield in the helmet visor end of fogging problems :thumbsup:

Fantastic!!! We're gonna be sharing road and breaking bread before ya know!!! Good on ya!!

Just don't look at me when you see me! I am quite ugly and now that you can see it just might scare ya!!

"Just don't look at me when you see me! I am quite ugly and now that you can see it just might scare ya!!"

Hey, that's easy. All he has to do is look at Jamie and not you! :thumbsup::grin:

"Just don't look at me when you see me! I am quite ugly and now that you can see it just might scare ya!!"

Hey, that's easy. All he has to do is look at Jamie and not you! :thumbsup::grin:

So true! So very, very true!!

So true! So very, very true!!

Thats easy I have a picture of Jamie and I on the fish lake loop she took in the"Jamie holds the phone away and snaps the picture mode".

And uh, Phil, sorry the disalusion you, but ugly is not the why I've heard Jamie discribe you..... But who knows , maybe she has cataracts

Archived