IGNORED

If a BMW rider had only a car...

Gregori

russell_bynum
BMW version (with directions.)

(Yes, it's F1 - sorry for the delay in post #2 - I had to downsize the attachment...)

The really amazing thing is that the drivers are so good that they can muck with all of those controls at race speed.

And you can get that wheel for the small price of a brand new RT, PLUS a brand new GT, and still have enough coin for a burger or two.

That's probably why they remove them right after a crash. It's not to get the driver out, it's to save the wheel. :>)

That Miata steering wheel's nothing special - many cars have wheel mounted cruise and radio control. My (ex) Ford F350 had all that, PLUS controls for the climate controls. I actually liked it quite a lot (and even wished for a few more controls) but my wife never could get the hang of it.

I also had my iPod remote mounted to the wheel, as well as the GPS and iPhone cradle mounted right above the wheel to the right. (And the V1 remote display on the dash right below the GPS.)

4748.jpg.e9e984e8e15c0d47be46bd93bdb51a1d.jpg

That Miata steering wheel's nothing special - many cars have wheel mounted cruise and radio control. My (ex) Ford F350 had all that, PLUS controls for the climate controls. I actually liked it quite a lot (and even wished for a few more controls) but my wife never could get the hang of it.

I also had my iPod remote mounted to the wheel, as well as the GPS and iPhone cradle mounted right above the wheel to the right. (And the V1 remote display on the dash right below the GPS.)

My choice of the Miata wheel had absolutely nothing to do with the wheel itself, but rather the way the car drives relative to a bike.

I should have been more clear.

My choice of the Miata wheel had absolutely nothing to do with the wheel itself, but rather the way the car drives relative to a bike.

I should have been more clear.

Aha - in that case, as a former Miata enthusiast, I have to (mostly) agree with you. That car *is* awfully close to motorcycling... But the (3rd generation) RX7 with the dual turbo is probably the most motorcycle-like car I've had the pleasure of riding. (The most annoying difference being the roof...)

Archived