IGNORED

River Ride

Chunky

I recently road Highway 4 in Washington state all the way from Longview to the Pacific Ocean. Although not a very long ride it's very scenic, especially in the Fall. I've returned to that stretch many times since hunting for more "Kodak Moments". The road twists and turns to follow the Columbia River to where it meets the ocean near Astoria, OR. I intend to return there again to experience the different seasons and scenery.

672001201_oiYWZ-XL.jpg

Bob, that is a great one! Next time when you get to the beach turn south and continue. You'd love the southern coast of Oregon. Look me up on the way by.

Beautiful country and beautiful pictures. I toured it twice. Once with the bike when going to the John Day UN, and then with my wife flying into San Francisco and driving up to Oregon and Washington. If you drive into higher areas you might find this even in July (between the Columbia river and Mt. Rainier):

IMG_0632.jpg

I recently road Highway 4 in Washington state all the way from Longview to the Pacific Ocean. Although not a very long ride it's very scenic, especially in the Fall. I've returned to that stretch many times since hunting for more "Kodak Moments". The road twists and turns to follow the Columbia River to where it meets the ocean near Astoria, OR. I intend to return there again to experience the different seasons and scenery.

672001201_oiYWZ-XL.jpg

Thanks for the invite. I've been down the Southern all the way to Fortuna, CA

Beautiful country and beautiful pictures. I toured it twice. Once with the bike when going to the John Day UN, and then with my wife flying into San Francisco and driving up to Oregon and Washington. If you drive into higher areas you might find this even in July (between the Columbia river and Mt. Rainier):

IMG_0632.jpg

Highway 4 runs into Highway 12 going to the coast & Seattle Paul. Been there & done that. Beautiful ride.

It's been too long since you've posted.

And that is a GREAT picture! :thumbsup:

It has been a long time. My photography eats up a lot of time these days. I now have two bikes, a 2008 Triumph Rocket III touring & a 2009 250 Piaggio scooter that I dearly love. It keeps me young. Got 10,000 on that Triumph.

Lets_Play_Two
Bob, that is a great one! Next time when you get to the beach turn south and continue. You'd love the southern coast of Oregon. Look me up on the way by.

A tiny hijack :(

Can you tell me about riding along the Oregon coast. My wife is presently scouting the Portland area for relocation. Good riding is one of the leading prerequisites.

Riding the Oregon Coast is a pleasure, if you're not in a hurry. Some of the best scenery in the world. Lots of fantastic riding from the coast, over the Coast Range, into the interior valleys. Riding in Oregon in general is fantastic and there's a lot of good stuff within a day ride, or two, or three or more, of Portland. Check out this for lots of info.

That's a postcard shot. Very beautiful. Thanks for posting. Wondering how you were doing with your Rocket. Have you seen the 2010 model? Looks pretty sharp.

I just had my 10,000 mile tune-up on the Rocket. The bike is very appealing now that I have a custom saddle on it. It is a cruiser so there's no leg protection in the rain. Still, it's a keeper.

Bob,

I looked at a lot of your smugmug pictures and they are absolutely awesome. In your Patch's Challenge folder you have multiple shots of the same scene, but with very different color saturations. Did you adjust something on the camera when taking them, or after the fact using photoshop?

Archived