IGNORED

The misterious case of the Stalling RT.

Juan_in_a_million

Juan_in_a_million

Hi folks,

Don't know if you remember that this summer I got a thread going on my RT stopping (like it was out of gas) and starting again when cool down.

I replaced the oxigen sensor and the problem seemed to be fixed. I went for a 2000 mile ride with no problems whatsoever. Then I had to go out of the country for a while and had no chance to ride it.

The only reason I'm posting this again is because I wouldn't be fair to all of you, specially to Twisty who helped me much, just to leave it like this.

After I came home at the end of September I went for a short ride and, 20 miles into the ride, the d... bike died again.

This time I bit the bullet and removed the HES. Sure enough the insulation of the wires crumbled off like old bread. Rebuilt the HES with new sensors and teflon wires, installed it on the bike and problem gone for good (or at least for another 13 years).

Just wanted to let you all know.

Thanks.

Juan_in_a_million

That is the Hall Effect Sensor. It is the equivalent of the Crankshaft Position Sensor in an automobile.

It is a plate with two sensors that sits in the front of the engine behind the crankshaft pulley.

cheers

JA

Archived