IGNORED

Website updates and changes

drswift

I'm thinking maybe we need a time limit on registrations, if a record is incomplete nn? minutes after it was last edited (which I already record) it gets deleted. I also think I should not enforce the unique board name rule until final registration.

More like a flag when the final Checkout button is pushed.

Then a 24 hour cleanup function for orphan records.

I like the duplicate name prevention idea. But only check against records which have been flagged as checked out.

It is possible to get two different folks with the same name though, so some allowance for handling this should be made.

More like a flag when the final Checkout button is pushed.

Then a 24 hour cleanup function for orphan records.

The flag is already there, 24 hours seems reasonable.

I like the duplicate name prevention idea. But only check against records which have been flagged as checked out.

Excellent - so simple! Does leave open the possibility of 2 people trying to register at exactly the same time with the same board name but that's not too likely.

An additional nice to have feature would be to add on the Registration - Admin page a new column with sequential row numbers and a button to renumber based on the current sort.

That would give us a quick way to check total registrants, number of hotel rooms expected to be booked, number of unpaid, etc...

Also, while I'm thinking up more work for you to do... :)

Another nice feature would be an auto refresh function for the hotel paid page. Say every 5 minutes or so...

And when one selects the "Reload Grid" button on the registration - admin page, it would be nice to preserve the active column sort.

Bob,

As you may be aware, there are problems with the site. Tallman did not get his summary page receipt. The site crashed.

And none of the $$ links on the registration - admin page are working for me....

Bob,

As you may be aware, there are problems with the site. Tallman did not get his summary page receipt. The site crashed.

And none of the $$ links on the registration - admin page are working for me....

I think he did get it, his registration is marked as completed which happens on that last page. I think he was looking for a Pay Now button or somesuch, we'll have to ask him.

I added a payment instructions link to the front page, I see what has happened to the $$ field, when I tested it the old method was still present in tandem, will be fixed in a few minutes.

Bob,

I received the following from Steves1150plus50:

========================

Warning: require_once(connect.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p/a/l/palinbob/html/sleepingrainbow/unrally9/finishcheck.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'connect.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/p/a/l/palinbob/html/sleepingrainbow/unrally9/finishcheck.php on line 19

Hi Michael, Are we registered? I got one screen sayin we were, and this one....

Cheers,

Steve

============================

Also:

============================

Hi Michael,

Can input personal information to register J and I for the rally. When I go to input reg fees, etc in the shopping cart I get pushed out of the website. How do I register?

Cheers,

Steve

===================================

I have confirmed to Steve that he and his flame are registered and have provided payment amount, registration number, andpayment instructions.

Continuing the Steves1150plus50 issue, Apparently the extras portion of the order was dropped. Steve should be sending a PM to Bob, Dave, and myself with what was ordered for addition to his registration when the issue is resolved.

The require_once problem has been fixed, can't figure out why it didn't do that to me though unless I moved the connect file after I tested. Possible but silly.

...Steve should be sending a PM to Bob, Dave, and myself with what was ordered for addition to his registration ...

Steve sent the order to me only. I have updated the records. Steve is good to go at $94 (1 LST-S, 1 LST-XL). Dave, expect a check...

Just got his emails. (I actually had a real paying job today for a change).

I'm confirming that the admin page shows that his registration and tshirt orders are in the system. His check is in the mail- hopefully.

Bob:

Any idea why we are dropping registration numbers? 50-53, 55, 57-59...

Registration numbers are not unique to an event, those numbers were used by DVD
Bob:

Any idea why we are dropping registration numbers? 50-53, 55, 57-59...

On that same topic, would it be possible to assign a temporary registration number while the order is in process, then change it to the next available registration number only upon submittal of the final cart? This should (I think :) ) eliminate the reg. number gaps...

Why does it matter? The registration number is only supposed to be an identifier for a registrant. In fact the numbers will keep incrementing forever, never being re-used in any future event.

of course they could also submit it with a valid but incorrect number.

Great. Something else for Michael to loose sleep over! :grin:

Yawn... I'm getting pretty sleepy over here!!!! :P

Jeez, I disappeared to the cabin over the weekend, shovelled snow, and missed the hoopla... :(

Once again, great work.

Ok kids, I've registered, but have not made payment. After reviewing my PayPal status, I had to re-register, and will be using routing to my checking account, and it will take a few days for verification. I may just slip a check in the mail if PayPal screws it up.

And by the way, I couldn't ride this weekend. Ebbetts Pass was closed... :rofl:

Mark.

Bob,

Registration# 154

Tim & Beth O'Donnell (Tallman)

Shows as paid on both versions of registration page.

Neither shows on the unrally.com/paid page.

Looks like there were a bunch of people all around the evening that the form was broken whose registrations were not marked as complete, fixed that. But that does leave the question of why they showed up in the grid at all, looking at that.

Bob,

Thank you.

Did you find out the 2nd part of the issue refered to above?

Also, on the Registration-admin page:

1) All of the alpha sorted columns appear to be case sensitive. Can they be made case insensitive?

2) Fees and Paid columns are not sorting correctly on registration#s 146, 149.

Archived