IGNORED

Website updates and changes

drswift

Also Bob,

When you get a chance on the Items Ordered page:

If it is possible to include the free cap in each individual's cap total so we can see the actual number of caps required.

Also on the Items Ordered page can we add a row at the bottom with column totals?

Obviously NOT time critical. Won't need for a couple of months.

Thanks!

Also Bob,

When you get a chance on the Items Ordered page:

If it is possible to include the free cap in each individual's cap total so we can see the actual number of caps required.

Also on the Items Ordered page can we add a row at the bottom with column totals?

Obviously NOT time critical. Won't need for a couple of months.

Thanks!

I'm planning a summary page for the 'store' items with the totals, I think the grid can total columns but maybe that's in the pro version, otherwise I'll add a line below the grid. I'm working on the On/Off page just in case we need it and then I must finish the DVD 2010 page.

Something to think about...

We've had one person register with one email address, but their paypal payment was linked to a different email address.

In this case, I could make the match, but this could be an issue and some way should be found to handle it.

On the registration form it does ask them to include their registration number with the Paypal payment, probably should reinforce that on BMWST as well.

Also, when I post the payment, I write the date and payment method (check or PayPal) in the Note box. It would be nice to have these notes show up on the Registered Guest signup list admin page.

If we could also export it to a spreadsheet that would be great as well. Until then, I'm saving all the emails I get from Paypal and will makes copies of all the checks I get.

I meant to add that column to the admin grid.

Export to CSV format will come later, I do it on the WCBA site already by letting them select rows (or no selection meaning all) then creating the CSV for the selected rows in a text box they can copy and paste from. Do the same for mailing lists and email lists.

On the registration form it does ask them to include their registration number with the Paypal payment, probably should reinforce that on BMWST as well.

Evidently, Paypal payment does not permit the addition of comments.

Evidently, Paypal payment does not permit the addition of comments.

Really? I guess I've mostly used it with Buy Now buttons and they can be configured to allow notes.

Paypal does let you put in a note, so it's just a matter of reinforcing the message to include their registration #.

It doesn't show up on the emails, but if I open the payment record there are notes from a few of the registrants.

Bob,

Can you identify what happened with Reg#114, which is missing from the lists?

It's in the DB but was never marked complete, registrations are marked complete when the final page with payment instructions is brought up, if he canceled out after filling in his details but before checking out that could happen. It was Endobobbs - did he report an error? Might be worth asking if he did cancel in the middle then start over, I notice the 2nd board name starts with a lower case E and the first with upper case so maybe the DB prevented him from entering a duplicate name the second time.

Not sure what to do about that, how do we know when somebody abandons a registration? Even if we provide a cancel button they may not use it or may just lose their connection. Somebody might start filling in a form then get called away to come back hours later and finish...

No problem was reported. I just noticed the number gap and wanted to be sure someone wasn't "missing".

Endobob apparently was able to successfully register as he has posted since doing so, so I think all is well.

I'll PM him just in case...

Somebody might start filling in a form then get called away to come back hours later and finish...

Or the power goes out!

Bob: If you have a chance can you post that widget for the t-shirt contest on the homepage. If not today, it can wait till you get back.

No problem was reported. I just noticed the number gap and wanted to be sure someone wasn't "missing".

Endobob apparently was able to successfully register as he has posted since doing so, so I think all is well.

I would like to know what he did just to build a set of 'use cases'

I would like to know what he did just to build a set of 'use cases'

PM sent with you included.

We now have an entry of all xxxx in the registered list.

Bob, any way for us to remove this?

edit:

Bob, If you've made a change and this is a placeholder for a cancelled entry, can it be hidden on all pages except the registration admin page?

Otherwise methinks it's SPAM....

I've been thinking that I should add a delete column to the admin grid, hope we don't get too many kiddy entries.

I'll delete this one in the DB directly.

Just because I am clueless and hope to better grasp what you are talking about,

Are these erroneous registrations occurring due to people submitting an incomplete registration and/or perhaps individuals just goofing around? Does the site "register" something each time the registration page is opened? Does it register if any field is filled in and then either the operator navigates away or loses connection?

Just trying to wrap my head around something I just know nothing about.

TIA

The xxxx registrastion was someone playing around. Since there is no validity checks, anyone can submit anything and it will be recorded.

The missing registration number was caused by someone completing the first part of the registration and adding to the cart, but then not completing the registration by checking out. Instead, the individual started the registration process over again.

edit: The registration number is assigned to the first entry into the cart. When the cart was orphaned, the remnants were left in the database for Bob to be able to track, but the only sign visible to us was a gap in the registration number sequence.

As it was the first time I had seen a gap in the sequence, I wanted to confirm whether or not we had a serious problem such as a broken registration entry.

Bob Stovall entered and paid for #124, one entry. Looks like he was trying to do another entry (for his wife maybe) that shows up for 123. I sent him an email acknowledging the single payment.

Bob,

Please delete the unpaid hopz entry (Reg#123).

Bob (Hopz) is a single registrant only.

Bob evidently checked out and then saw the message relating to paypal / registration email matching. Bob then started a new registration with the matching email address.

Bob,

Ian Fleming #131 is now registered.....

We definitely need record delete capability.

Is there any way to determine and block IP numbers or ranges that are generating SPAM entries?

All the code is duplicated so that I don't interfere with the working copy, but I don't have a duplicate database. The problem seems to be that the grid is picking up registrants from other events, that's a bug that needs to be fixed. If you can live with 007 for an hour or so I will try to fix it then delete the record if I can't.

I can live with it, but the current status is showing $0 owed and status of paid. I would prefer status is unpaid if it will not interfere with your work.

Tried printing the Registered list. Even when I use the bars to scroll down to end of the list, I can only print the first page down to #123.

Not a bad first day of registration and almost all paid!!!!

Dave - you are trying to print the grid contents? Makes sense, I'll come up with a text report suitable for printing over the weekend. Strange that Wayne County BA has never asked for that...

Bob,

Don't know if you are still working in the database, but 2 endobobdds records are visible again. 114 & 116.

OK, it's that whac-a-mole thing, fixing the 007 problem caused all records to show again in UN including incomplete ones. I'll try to fix it tonight at Janet's but definitely tomorrow, meanwhile I'll delete the incomplete records but somebody else could create one during the day (I see one from Philby actually which I will delete)

Archived