IGNORED

Pashnit in the Area Then

hopz

Looks like Pashnit is coming through mid June or late July, not mid July.

Some great roads on their write-up though.

Big Hill road is one of my favorites outside of the big passes...

That link to Pashnit is a great preview of what the UN will have to offer! Nice photos, too.

Oooh, aaah, weeeee. (He snickers knowingly!!!)

Yeah, you guys - Jamie and Phil, probably will be so close to the UN that you could go home to sleep. I hope you don't do that :)

I am going to be VERY careful on how I say this as past practice has been unkind to me when I do and, I have told a certain BMWST site owner to ban me from the site if I start using the word, "IN", as it relates to events.

Yes, Jamie and I are certainly close enough to just stay home but what fun would that be? Also, since I am taking on a role in this one, as I did the last W. coast one, I need to be there!!

And before anyone starts getting their protractors out and starts making circles to figure out where it might be, I will remind y'all that I have been known to just hop on the bike and ride to San Diego for lunch and then ride back so my statement is really no gauge to location!! My lips are sealed!!!!! ;)

The suspense is killing us locals.

Maybe we should start a pool. Send me $5 with your guess and if you are right we'll split the pot between you and the Board.

skinny_tom (aka boney)
The suspense is killing us locals.

Maybe we should start a pool. Send me $5 with your guess and if you are right we'll split the pot between you and the Board.

...And those of us who kept our mouths shut! Just kidding.

BTW, just to make the circle a bit bigger, I have a small role too.

Just wondering who's gonna handle the "dirt" stuff, ie, ride routes, since it's close to.....

lips are sealed.

I know where it is.

You planners forgot one important detail. :rofl:

MB>

You planners forgot one important detail. :rofl:

MB>

No detail has been left out, unless it was intentionally done to frustrate you or for you to think you got one over on someone.

:wave::wave:

I was wondering the same thing, about off road. I am thinking I may drive out with a dual sport in the pick up. But I am looking at a smaller say 300 - 450 max dual sport. So lots of road riding to get to the dirt would be out. I guess I could just drive to the off road areas in the truck. Oh well what do I care, I have a big bed in the truck, how about I bring the R1100s, and the dual sport. That solves all the problems. But I am looking forward to lots of off road riding. Considering the area, I am thinking never being on a paved road, might be as good as the riding on the paved roads. Waiting to see the exact location so I can plan my trip. Anyone leaving from the Atlanta area, that wants to ride out and share driving and gas costs let me know.

skinny_tom (aka boney)
I was wondering the same thing, about off road. I am thinking I may drive out with a dual sport in the pick up. But I am looking at a smaller say 300 - 450 max dual sport. So lots of road riding to get to the dirt would be out. I guess I could just drive to the off road areas in the truck. Oh well what do I care, I have a big bed in the truck, how about I bring the R1100s, and the dual sport. That solves all the problems. But I am looking forward to lots of off road riding. Considering the area, I am thinking never being on a paved road, might be as good as the riding on the paved roads. Waiting to see the exact location so I can plan my trip. Anyone leaving from the Atlanta area, that wants to ride out and share driving and gas costs let me know.

You will not be disappointed with either or both. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Howsabout y'all PM us east coasters who may need some lead time to arrange such a trip?

I promise to keep a secret.

Besides, something will probably come up, again... :dopeslap:

• 2 weeks later...

Lest we forget, the following group ride will be in the area the weekend PRIOR to the UN.

http://www.deathride.com/info.html

I have been through the area in past years at the time of the event, sometimes the roads are shut down early in the day, but open up afternoon.

Just a heads up for those coming early from a westerly direction through the passes...

MB>

Archived