IGNORED

Ohlins - as bad as a newbie's oil thread

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Ok, I'm in for a set of Ohlins for the '02 GS. Obviously, just like when buying caviar, price is an issue as well as support/setup.

Who do you recommend for purchase and setup?

(The closer to Indy the better.)

TIA

Dennis Andress

Kyle Racing, near Monterrey. Between Laney's and my K bikes they've done 4 rebuilds for us. They seem to follow Ohlins manual exactly, nothing fancy. This results in a nice consistent ride for over 30,000 miles.

John Ranalletta

Having been there a few times, I agree, but... it's not on my itinerary in the near term.

I'm in Indianapolis, so either way, it's a telephone order.

For the rebuild, why not just send back to Ohlins US hdqtrs. in Hendersonville, NC? They only have a handful of qualified rebuilding shops around the country--if you want to know who they are, give Ohlins a call and ask. But Hendersonville gives about 1 week turn-around.

(Many Ohlins dealers that SAY to send to them for rebuild just send them on to Ohlins USA)

+1 on Kyle Racing. I'm in Arkansas and received them in 3 days. They ask all the right questions...your weight,type of riding, one up-two up etc etc. Price was right too. Mine came from Hendersonville, NC not California.

Archived