IGNORED

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200

onmyrt

I really admire the mechanicals, but in profile it looks too much like a Suzuki. The cat eye look just doesn't get it. The Italian's electrical reputation is a little iffy, and with all that "stuff" I am very skeptical. I hope they sell. I may get a good used one down the road after all the bugs are worked out.

Cheers

Steve

Amazing technology. Wonderful if it all works. Scary if it starts acting up.

Pretty funny coming from a BMW sales person :D

I have no problem making the same statement about BMWs ;)

I'll be looking closely at this one (in white.) Could be trading in my GS and Street Triple. The light weight, looks, touring-offroad-sport ability, all give it quite an appeal. The 186 miles between gas-stops is o.k. with me since I stop every two hours anyway. :grin:

I like the look and the idea of the bike. I have never owned a duc before and I'm wondering what the vavle adjustment interval will be? Anyone know what it might be? Anyone who ownes a duc do their own valve adjustments?

Anyone who ownes a duc do their own valve adjustments?

I have an '06 Multistrada, which I bought new and absolutely love, and recently checked the valve clearance at 7500 miles.

It was within limits and therefore didn't need any shimming, but I did change the timing belts, and they were a no-brainer really.

Just followed

instructions I found on YouTube.

However, the pre-2010 Multistrada Desmo engines (620, 1000, & 1100) were an air cooled 2-valve design.

The new 2010 Multi is a water-cooled 4 valve design. Much more sophisticated.

Can't say what the self-maintenance will be like on that.

Vicious_Cycler
Anyone who ownes a duc do their own valve adjustments?

I have an '06 Multistrada, which I bought new and absolutely love, and recently checked the valve clearance at 7500 miles.

It was within limits and therefore didn't need any shimming, but I did change the timing belts, and they were a no-brainer really.

Just followed

instructions I found on YouTube.

However, the pre-2010 Multistrada Desmo engines (620, 1000, & 1100) were an air cooled 2-valve design.

The new 2010 Multi is a water-cooled 4 valve design. Much more sophisticated.

Can't say what the self-maintenance will be like on that.

I really like this one! According to Ducati Global website, maintenance interval = 7500 mi. Liquid cooled, wet clutch. I love the love it or hate looks . Unfortunately, in order to have an RT or GT sport touring contender requires the "S" touring version, which gets you ABS, Ohlins, panniers, grips, etc. It gets pricey.

According to PNWRiders Forum the prices are:

Ducati release US pricing

MTS1200 - MSRP

Standard $14,995.00

Standard ABS $16,495.00

MTS1200S - MSRP

Sport $19,995.00

Touring $19,995.00

S models come with Ohlins and all the carbon

Touring comes with bags, heated grips and center stand instead of carbon.

ABS, DTC and DES standard on S models

Guess I'll have to wait a couple years for well-cared for somewhat depreciated model to test ride :) .

Archived