IGNORED

Odyssey Battery Install

Rinkydink

Do the battery cables on an 04 RT bolt right up to the PC680? I seem to remember reading about some mod having to be made. I couldn't find anything through a search...

There are some L-bracket connectors available to adapt to the flat terminals on the PC680, or you can just bend the terminal lugs on the bike's battery cables flat and that works fine too.

So....is the Odyssey a highly recommended battery for an 02 RT? I'm on the verge of needing a new battery and haven't started any serious research yet.

The Odyssey I bought from Batterymart.com in May came with L brackets. I put a piece of 3/8" closed cell (camping sleeping pad) foam between the strap and the top of the battery to snug it down a little. Prices have gone up a little since spring; best price at this instant seems to be from Amazon.

I bought my Odyssey from Batterymart.com BatteryMart.com, which currently lists two batteries for an RT. Interestingly, the Odyssey is rated at 16 Ah/220 CCA and the ProSonic at 19 Ah/190 CCA. I like the way their web site was organized, as well as the price. I was also reassured that there was an actual bricks and mortar store in addition to the web site.

Battery threads are like oil threads... :eek:

So....is the Odyssey a highly recommended battery for an 02 RT?

Yes it is, top quality but relatively pricey. Many are also using the generic UB12220 (available from many vendors for under $50, Google for it) with good results so far.

There are some L-bracket connectors available to adapt to the flat terminals on the PC680, or you can just bend the terminal lugs on the bike's battery cables flat and that works fine too.

Yep, my battery came with the brackets. Just bend them to fit. I think the brackets had to be drilled out slightly to accommodate the bolts.

Just make sure of the tupperware clearance. I had to bend mine a few times for the correct clearance.

The PC680 has been flawless since February 2008. No ABS faults either.

You could also make your own using .125" thick by .75" copper stock. Then you would have plenty of room to add extra wires for farkles.

The less capacity a battery has the less its internal resistance. the less its internal resistance the more amps you can get from it.

Eckhard Grohe

I have a PC680. Use the bike 3 times a year nowadays and charge it twice to keep it fresh.

Discharged once down to 5 volts and charged it up with a 10 amp charger as per Odyssey specs. then I trickle charged it for 2 days. This was 3 years ago.

My battery is at least 5 years old.

One tough battery.. Costs more but worth every penny.

You could also make your own using .125" thick by .75" copper stock. Then you would have plenty of room to add extra wires for farkles.

That's right. I just cut some 1/2" copper pipe, pounded it flat, bent it and drilled two holes in each.

That's right. I just cut some 1/2" copper pipe, pounded it flat, bent it and drilled two holes in each.

I like that Idea. My copper came from a scrap pile at work so just as cheap.

Archived