IGNORED

BB&B Check-in

steve.foote

The Spin is in. 6 1/2 hours on the South-Georgia simulated super-slab and I'm home and ready for a nap.

Steve & Suz'anne out did themselves once again. This is absolutely one of the funnest weekend events on the calendar.

Can't wait for next year in the new house. thumbsup.gif

Glad you made it home safely. I updated the smugmug site with some pictures. If anyone took pictures, please e-mail them to me.

We had an absolute blast and really enjoy hosting this event. All of you guys make it special and we truly appricate your generosity with the donations. Suz'anne wanted to thank everyone for being have, even Marty!

Back safe and sound.

Would someone please post a photo of Marty actually working on tech-day? I thought I had caught him, but I couldn't get the camera out fast enough dopeslap.gif

It was great seeing everyone. Four of us actually got rained on about an hour out of Enterprise.

Ken

Did a bit over 425 miles and caved in. Checked into the hotel in Monroe La. at noon 45. It be berry hot. eek.gif

Steve/Suz and girls...it was a great weekend. Many tks!!! thumbsup.gif

IN!!! You know James and I had fun because we were the last leave today grin.gif Many thanks to all of the Heberts and their friends for a great weekend!!! Will send pics as soon as the battery recharges! BTW Steve, James and I did a donut 'in' your new house before we left town thumbsup.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

I left at 04:30 CST. Arrived Neptune beach 10:30 EST

Thanks Suzanne & Steve....

Great Time....Zero Dollars

Great company....Zero Dollars

Great food.....a few Dollars

It felt like family, and a "Keepsake Mug"..........Priceless

...Would someone please post a photo of Marty actually working on tech-day? I thought I had caught him, but I couldn't get the camera out fast enough...

Ken, even if you had your camera ready, I don't think the shutter speed would have been fast enough to catch Marty working. grin.gif

Someone beat you to it. There were two done already! So what did you think? We have a looong way to go up there, one brick, block or rock at a time. thumbsup.gif

Awwwww maaaaaan. Did you guys get the ordnance show again this year? bncry.gif Wish I coulda been there...hadda a great time last year.

But I'm leaving for Torrey on wednesday...life is good thumbsup.gif

Awesome, cool weekend. Well, not really "cool" but a blast! Made it home by 3 pm edt, in plenty of time for the end of some football games and for Ellen DeGeneris hosting the Emmy's! Whoo hoo!

Chris, thanks for hosting on Thursday night, and for the great dinner. Glad you didn't lose me this weekend, since I forgot my cell phone and all my maps.

Steve Foote, thanks for the electronics wizardry and the keys to the GS. Thought I talked myself out of it until the last three hours home in ninety degree heat. Now reconsidering. What an engine.

Steve Hebert and Suz'anne, you are wonderful hosts. Even after having the house invaded by twenty motorcyclists, and then seeing the yard and bathrooms overrun by campers, you were a study in poise and hospitality. Your house is warm and comfortable, and your daughters well behaved and charming. Steve, thanks for the access to the base for the flying, shooting and landings. I could have watched for hours. And thanks also for what you do. You might ocassionally think of it as just a job, but it's much more important than that, and we truly appreciate it. thumbsup.gif

Thanks again.

Randy Shields

Went south 50 miles, went east 100 miles.

We're home.

Had to make 6 turns. smirk.gif

Thanks to the Hebert family for a dose of Southern Hospitality. clap.gifclap.gif

Beth and I had a fabulous time. You make everyone feel at home and "at ease" wink.gif.

Looking forward to the next one.

Dave,

I was wondering if you would cross the country for this. How is life on the west coast?

We had 21 out-of-town guests. 5 camped in my back yard. 2 stayed in my house, while the rest enjoyed the accomodations at the H.I. Express.

We inhaled, 7 pounds of BBQ pork, 36 buns, 6 lbs of beans and 4 lbs of potatoe salad on Friday evening, not to mention being pretty close to floating the keg.

Saturday was a bit of the same, including 2 dozen KKs, 2 dozen delicously baked blueberry muffin middles and tops (don't ask about the bottoms), 24 cups of coffee and a half gallon of juice.

Lunch follwed with a 6 foot sub from the deli at Walmart and 3 large bags of chips.

The best meal of all was the dinner - 54 brats, 40 brochen, 10 lbs of German potatoe salad and 3 lbs of sauer kraut.

We drank about 3 cases of soda and 2 cases of water as well, and 2 bottles of red wine, 2 white, 1 gallon of sweet tea, an extra 12 pack and a mini 5 liter keg of Warstiener.

Fun was had by all! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I can't wait until next year. clap.gif

Dave,

I was wondering if you would cross the country for this. How is life on the west coast?

We had 21 out-of-town guests. 5 camped in my back yard. 2 stayed in my house, while the rest enjoyed the accomodations at the H.I. Express.

We inhaled, 7 pounds of BBQ pork, 36 buns, 6 lbs of beans and 4 lbs of potatoe salad on Friday evening, not to mention being pretty close to floating the keg.

Saturday was a bit of the same, including 2 dozen KKs, 2 dozen delicously baked blueberry muffin middles and tops (don't ask about the bottoms), 24 cups of coffee and a half gallon of juice.

Lunch follwed with a 6 foot sub from the deli at Walmart and 3 large bags of chips.

The best meal of all was the dinner - 54 brats, 40 brochen, 10 lbs of German potatoe salad and 3 lbs of sauer kraut.

We drank about 3 cases of soda and 2 cases of water as well, and 2 bottles of red wine, 2 white, 1 gallon of sweet tea, an extra 12 pack and a mini 5 liter keg of Warstiener.

Fun was had by all! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I can't wait until next year. clap.gif

Steve,

Wow, sounds <burrrrrp!> like a terrific weekend. Hopefully Marty did his job and made sure your costs were covered. wink.gif

Life's great out here....I've dropped a few pounds since the big move. grin.gif

I'll make plans for next year.

Glad it was a success.

Dave

Plenty of parking

36599807-M.jpg

For most, it was a buggy trip

36599793-M.jpg

Time for Plexus!

36642535-M.jpg

Survivors

36599801-M.jpg

Steve H. working hard

36599766-M.jpg

A nearby Radio Shack for those in need

36599775-M.jpg

Looks like more work in the garage

36599788-M.jpg

Technical Discussions regarding work in the garage grin.gif36599780-M.jpg

The crew awaiting the start of the live fire

36599861-M.jpg

Quickly Grabbing a Keepsake Shell (30 mm)

36599868-M.jpg

Incoming!!!

36599879-M.jpg

Steve keeps everyone moving right along

36599884-M.jpg

A long goodbye HOVER as we were about to depart!!

36599890-M.jpg

Next stop: Hunt Field

36599817-M.jpg

Here we watch Landing Practice

36599831-M.jpg

Steve explains what to look for here

36599839-M.jpg

We get to see quite a few tails 'touchdown' including this one!

36599852-M.jpg

Relaxing Back at the Hebert Ranch

36642540-M.jpg

Several museum exhibits

36645337-M.jpg

36645323-M.jpg

36645340-M.jpg

Good job Christine, really captured the essence of the weekend! Sorry, Mark couldn't attend, but i'll meet him in a few weeks at RideSmart. The little man James was a treat( and well behaved Too)!

thumbsup.gif

D

Vic, Brian, Hank and I made it home by 4:00PM and we are enjoying the cool weather here on the west coast of Florida! grin.gif Steve great event and thank you and your family for making us all feel at home. Looking forward to next year. What a great bunch of people. Also, thanks to Tallman for giving us a few good roads to try on our way home. SR 164 and 69 along the Florida/Georgia boarder were really a nice ride in the early morning. So, Steve, that keg was floating? Whew, all this time I thouht it was me... dopeslap.gif

D

Home by noon on Monday. Tim and Beth forced me to stop by their house in Tallahassee for more hospitality and a great roast beef dinner. B.B & B was wonderful again. Thanks, Steve and Suz'anne. thumbsup.gif

And some more photos....

At the Army Air Museum:

36791460-M.jpg

Our host:

36791467-M.jpg

The technical part of the day:

36791469-M.jpg

The food:

36791471-M.jpg

36791474-M.jpg

The beer:

36791478-M.jpg

The love bugs:

36791463-M.jpg

It was a great weekend and continues to be one of my favorite motorcycle events!

Home Monday afternoon. I had split with the Tampa Bay group and went west to Pensacola to visit relatives , but the sight of another hurricane entering the Gulf cut it short. The run back to Tampa was nice and toasty and the bike got a very respectable crust of Love Bugs. Thanks to the hydrogen peroxide tip recieved at the event, cleanup went quickly. I've lived in Florida all my life and never heard using that ,but It works well! smile.gif

Steve, thanks so much for your and Suz'anne's very generous hospitality,and for all your work and effort on this excellent event. I had a great time and am looking forward to next year. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Christine, great job with the visual story line and great shots! I got home and looked at all my photos, and they consist solely of bikes in various modes of park, and flying machines -- not one person or human interest element, except for the picture of James in front of a helo. That's just awful. My wife agrees, and claims I have serious psychological damage.

Randy

Wish I could have been there!

Anyone ever been to the Airborne/Special Forces museum in Fayetteville, NC? Maybe it would be a good follow on trip to this one...

I agree, the special forces museum is in Fayetteville is very well done.

This is all part of what I have always loved about motorcycling... the people ya meet! You are all great.

Looking forward to next time.

Larry cool.gif

By now everyone has had a chance to post their thoughts and their ride tales. I have to say that this was the most relaxing and social BB&B yet. We didn't do a great deal of tech related things, although a complete 6 K service is a large task for some, so I hope that things were learned here.

Thanks for the pics and commentary Christine and Rich.

Thanks for the electrifying shirt Randy. It was quite appropriate!

Thanks to everyone for the fellowship and suggestions on the new house.

But most of all, thanks to Suz'anne and the girls for really keeping things together behind the scenes with ice and food runs, clean up and baking those delicious cookies.

We are very much looking forward to next years event and hope that the house project doesn't let us down. The plan icludes a great deal of open space for camping and floor space as well.

See you on the road and at 509, Private Road 1106 next year for BB&B quatro!!!!

Archived