IGNORED

A 12GS With 66,000 Miles

David

Met Vickie Johnston today. Back when I was riding a lot more than I do now, I came in 2nd in the state, losing to her. But we hadn't met yet, so that was fun. She was an official in a bicycle race I was helping marshall.

She just finished the Iron Butt on her 12GS. She came in at #22, and was the top female finisher with 11,527 miles.

Anyway, that's the highest mileage GS I'm aware of. She had the weaping final drive, fixed early in its life. But now it's in the shop because apparently the tranny went south.

Let's hope her experience is an aberration.

But now it's in the shop because apparently the tranny went south.

Aw GEEZE!!! I am 80% back to an R12RT, and now David puts this up!! thumbsup.gif

I like information...

I just HATE it at the wrong time. grin.gif

I really like mine and plan to keep it for awhile. If this is a concern, look into the extended warranty, no milage limit. I got mine for a total of 6 years a Bob's BMW for I think $1109. It covers everything internally lubricated plus all electrial stuff. No affiliation. Ben.

Met Vickie Johnston today. Back when I was riding a lot more than I do now, I came in 2nd in the state, losing to her. But we hadn't met yet, so that was fun. She was an official in a bicycle race I was helping marshall.

She just finished the Iron Butt on her 12GS. She came in at #22, and was the top female finisher with 11,527 miles.

Anyway, that's the highest mileage GS I'm aware of. She had the weaping final drive, fixed early in its life. But now it's in the shop because apparently the tranny went south.

She can ride a little bit, that's for sure! I knew she had a final drive issue and <gulp> she wasn't the only one BEFORE the rally. I don't know of any hexheads with issues during. That just sucks.

Archived