IGNORED

R1200RT Motorcycle Cover

ChrisE

Has anyone got any recommendations for a motorcycle cover for this bike, preferably with the large top box mounted.

I'd like something to keep the elements off when we are RV'ing and the bike is parked outside under trees, etc..

I've looked at the Dow-Co covers but as this is my first large motorcycle, I can't figure out the correct size to get.

Thanks

I purchased the Aerostich cover after seeing this cover used on many bikes at the Lima, OH BMWMOA Rally. The cover is compact and lightweight, yet durable. I have a large Dowco cover for the bike when it is at home in the garage, but it is too large to carry on the road. The Aerostich cover packs very well.

Chris;

Regardless of what you choose be careful. Not as much tupperware covering the pipes as on the 1100 and 1150 RT's.

I speak from experience burnt a hole in my new cover blush.gif Let it cool off a bit before you apply.

I've good luck with the E-Z Touring covers. They're well made and pack down well, taking up very little space. In order of coverage, they make full, half and "showercap" covers. The half cover I had for my LT fits fine on my new RT with top case. Check them out at E-Z Touring.

Brian

I've got two: the Dowco Guardian (large) is for the deluge and the EZTouring (size X) for the dust and dew. The latter covers the top box (small one) and just barely down over the tops of the side cases.

Mine is a Nelson-Rigg, large. With the small top box it looks like it was custom made for the RT. Fits real well around the side cases. Packs up nice and small too. Price here in Southern California was $66.00 including tax.

My Nelson-Rigg is the Defender 400/500/600 series. The fabric on the 2000 seems to be a lot heavier and better suited for all-weather protection. I use mine primarily for sun and dust protection while it is parked at work during the day.

An XL in the Nelson-Rigg UV 2000 would do it. www.tonker.com. $37.99. We use that size for the 1150RT and the FJR. It's supposed to be a 1/2 cover but if you get the XLarge size it about a 2/3 cover. It's lightweight, waterproof and folds into a small waist bag that comes with it. It's a snap to fold up.

I'm using the same Nelson-Rigg m/c cover for my '05 RT that I used on my '96 RT. I don't recall the exact model number, however, it's the very light weight, nylon-feeling version. Since my bike(s) has always been garage-kept, this is the perfect cover for my needs... just to keep the dust/pollen/cats off. This particular cover seems like it would be large enough to also fit the LT.

Archived