IGNORED

BMW PTTR ,German Toolmaker has a fix.

wingnuts

Finally, A solution is here.

This device will

Resolve your PTTR problem forever.

Saves gas and Tire ware,and improves handling.

Youra Pee-on design will win friends and influence .

Easy to install, or buy my install manual for $25.00

Device measures 21.6 " between center on holes.

Critical to be 3 year old rubber chord..

Return it to be stretched if its too tight, $25.00

My earlier tests show a fish scale measuring 3 Lb. pull

on right bar to go straight. now its 94.375 better....

I'm using one S-hook, on the inside where it doesn't show.

Hands Off, It goes to the right strongly.

To turn left, you pull on right, push on left,

So a bungee on the right fork takes it out.

1700 miles 2 weeks ago with no pull for the first time

with this bike in 26000 miles.

Yes I removed the washer behind the wheel.

happy day

What the heck are you talking about ?

pop out the training wheels.

I'm talking about overcoming a measurable defect in design.

A scale on my right Handle bar needs a constant 3 lbs.

My shoulder hurts after a day of this botched design.

The bungee should be blaze orange to embarass BMW.

What are you talking about ?

Poor low speed handling ? that's another story, ha ?

We had 4 bikes 3 years ago, The ONLY thing I liked about the Road King was handling on the gravel road we live on.

Finally, A solution is here.

This device will

Resolve your PTTR problem forever.

Saves gas and Tire ware,and improves handling.

Youra Pee-on design will win friends and influence .

Easy to install, or buy my install manual for $25.00

Device measures 21.6 " between center on holes.

Critical to be 3 year old rubber chord..

Return it to be stretched if its too tight, $25.00

My earlier tests show a fish scale measuring 3 Lb. pull

on right bar to go straight. now its 94.375 better....

I'm using one S-hook, on the inside where it doesn't show.

This is an April 1st design, right?

Andy

Dealers and BMW won't help with this. The only way to identify and place a dimension

on the issue is with a fish scale on the right H-bar. I had pics showing this on Chromeheads.

This is the only way to shut up the dealer trying to minmize PTTR. But only ends his excuses.

Proof of PTTR is left side front tire wear is excessive. Walk up to any CL,C, some RS, and look at the front tire wear.

wingnuts, walk up to about any American ridden motorcycle with some miles on the tires & you will see L/H side tire wear.. That isn’t only a BMW thing..

If you are getting excess tire wear from PTTR you must REALLY be leaning the bike while riding it..

Twisty

Based on only my personal experience, BMW boxer twins have pulled to the right since at least the 1973 /5 model year. BMW has never exhibited any sign of embarassment regarding it to my knowledge. It seems to me that PTTR is one of those things that you either live with, or find a different brand of motorcycle to ride.

My buddy has a 08 Wing, and his Mettezler ME880 wore out a bit more on the left than the right, the same as mine did.

I don't find it too annoying, I just don't ride with no hands much anymore, I just put my heavier stuff in the left saddle bag.

We had 3 beemers at a time 2 years ago, This was new to me.

I would bet most BMW's don't have this problem.

The proof is measuring the correction in Lbs. with a fish scale.

The BMW C is the same as the CL except for fairing and bags,

why are some C's correct ?

Making swing arm parts is way too much to expect from us.

A constant 3.5 lb pull riding double is wrong.

My bike hurts me to ride, the bungee works 100%

Turn on a hunter alignment machine, parts and #'s show up ..

I designed and make those shims,besides the ball joints that adjust camber.

unless the problem can be measured in Lbs of pull or degrees,minutes and seconds,

Its all talk,and too much guessing.

happy day

My R1150RS does not pull to the right, or left. I can ride with no hands and a throttle lock. Tires tend to wear out in the center first, horribly flat spotted. Maybe I am lucky. OR maybe something is broken or failing and I am overlooking it. Oh no, where are my BMW Worry Beads. Am am calling the dealer right now, why did I not get the PTTR feature everyone else has.

Rod

My R1150RS does not pull to the right, or left. I can ride with no hands and a throttle lock. Tires tend to wear out in the center first, horribly flat spotted. Maybe I am lucky. OR maybe something is broken or failing and I am overlooking it. Oh no, where are my BMW Worry Beads. Am am calling the dealer right now, why did I not get the PTTR feature everyone else has.

Rod

You might have a defective frame, most likely cracked somewhere from being banged around in the banana boat and ready to kill everyone in sight..

The BMW C is the same as the CL except for fairing and bags, why are some C's correct ?
If I remember correctly, the CL has a fairing hung on the front end, rather than the frame. Have you tried riding the bike with the fairing removed? Maybe it is exacerbating the problem?

Seems like the 1150s in general have more than their share of potential machining/alignment problems. This includes the gearbox alignment issue.

wingnuts, walk up to about any American ridden motorcycle with some miles on the tires & you will see L/H side tire wear.. That isn’t only a BMW thing..

If you are getting excess tire wear from PTTR you must REALLY be leaning the bike while riding it..

Twisty

Here again, Its guessing, I'm talking allot, the left side rubber gone, 50% more than the right side. That's not common.

If you see a bad L/H tire wear, Its not right.

there might be a 2 degree road crown thing for back roaders too.

Jerry Johnston

On my 96-R1100rt I can ride with no hands also, providing there is no noticeable crown in the road. Looking at my front tire the wear looks dead even but my rear shows a little more on one side. Over the years I've read of many rt's having the pttr problem - I'm guessing maybe half? So maybe we're lucky.

Archived