IGNORED

So, Who's showing up in Torrey this month?

JerryMather

I have reservations at the Boulder View Inn. Apparently the last room.

We'll be neighbors, I'm in at the Boulder View also. I'll be the one in the JEEP.

10ovr, are you in at the Boulder View?

We'll be neighbors, I'm in at the Boulder View also. I'll be the one in the JEEP.

NO,,Im with PhiiyFlash at the CW,,,Cabin I think,,,Well be there at about 3pm Friday,, Just committed today,,Ordered new tires and brake pads ,,See ya there...

NO,,Im with PhiiyFlash at the CW,,,Cabin I think,,,Well be there at about 3pm Friday,, Just committed today,,Ordered new tires and brake pads ,,See ya there...
:thumbsup:

Greg, you don't need no stinking room, you will be driving one. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Now, it will be easy to find you, just look for the tourist driving the RV.

Work has blown me out of Fall Torrey. I have three open Escrows and I just can't be 600 miles away. Double darn. We have our room for Spring Torrey though and I'm going to drive my truck with the dirt bike in the back. I want to go trail riding SO BAD!

In real estate I either have time or money but almost never both!!

Sounds like I may be out after all. Wife is in the running for a new manger position and her 2nd round of interviews may keep her home, in which case I may just stay here...then again I could just head out on Friday and back on Sunday like last time....

I'm in at the Boulder View also. I'll be the one in the JEEP.

I hope you're bringing your riding gear. You can take my Strom out for the afternoon, and I'll take your Jeep and pass Killer's Toyota in some tight, rocky canyon. Don't worry, as Gleno used to say, "That'll probably buff right out." :rofl:

Honestly she doesn't have any issue with me going, but her interviews are at the "main" office (San Mateo) so she may be gone overnight if the company plane is full (they have a few flights ever week from Sacramento) which just means we need someone to check on the pets....she did the drive round trip in one day last week and it was 7 hours in the car with "good" traffic.

Will just have to play it by ear, we had been planing on a 10-12 day ride with Torrey as the first stop....

Hmmmm, I guess I didn't post an "IN!!!!!" for Leslie and me yet.

See you there! :clap:

We're bringing a bottle of Firefighters' Bourbon for Wurty to keep him occupied and out of trouble . . . yeah riiiight! :rofl:

IN at the Chuckwagon! After six month on the waiting list I just got the call. Sorry somebody can't make it, but glad I got in. Canceled Boulder View so somebody can get in there.

IN at the Chuckwagon! After six month on the waiting list I just got the call. Sorry somebody can't make it, but glad I got in. Canceled Boulder View so somebody can get in there.

Nice.

Lisa spent an afternoon on the Tuono in the parking lot last weekend and felt pretty comfortable. This weekend she'll do an actual ride and if that goes well, then she's good to go. Beware of hot chicks on fast Italian motorcycles. The good news is you'll hear her coming. :grin:

The DRZ is in small pieces in the garage. I finally discovered (after the second attempt to clean the float valve and seat) that the float bowl gasket was the source of my fuel leaks, so I call Sudco and a rebuild kit with new gaskets is on the way. JD Jet kit is installed for 6,000-9,000 feet. I'm still waffling about the tires...I'll probably just leave them as-is if we're just going to be doing cathedral valley If we get into any ugly stuff, I'll just switch bikes with Whip. :grin:

Nice.

Lisa spent an afternoon on the Tuono in the parking lot last weekend and felt pretty comfortable. This weekend she'll do an actual ride and if that goes well, then she's good to go. Beware of hot chicks on fast Italian motorcycles. The good news is you'll hear her coming. :grin:

The DRZ is in small pieces in the garage. I finally discovered (after the second attempt to clean the float valve and seat) that the float bowl gasket was the source of my fuel leaks, so I call Sudco and a rebuild kit with new gaskets is on the way. JD Jet kit is installed for 6,000-9,000 feet. I'm still waffling about the tires...I'll probably just leave them as-is if we're just going to be doing cathedral valley If we get into any ugly stuff, I'll just switch bikes with Whip. :grin:

This is going to be great!!!

Nice.

You didn't like it last time????

:grin:

Actually, I didn't get a chance to ride the WR. I rode the big KTM...which was great until I hit the sand wash and it started doing the Austrian War Dance on me. :eek:

The tires on my DRZ are sorta iffy. If it's dry, I won't have any problems. If it gets muddy and ugly again like last time, it'll be an issue. I'm trying to decide if I'm too cheap to replace the tires now just in case, or if I'll just chance it.

Work is completely kicking my A$$. Won't be making it this fall, perhaps in the spring with my buddy Carl and his KLR.

Did get on UT-95 once this year!!! Better than not at all.

Have some scotch for me!

Yep, it looks like I'm in for Torrey again. Does anyone else plan on going this Fall?

Tentatively in. Not much of a joiner but was planning a trip to South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado and then to the Grand Canyon before home in early October. No reservations anywhere so may end up in the tent along the road, but will definately be in the area somewhere and if I don't meet up will happily pay for the shirt and shipping so that I can lie about having been there.

Larry

but will definately be in the area somewhere and if I don't meet up will happily pay for the shirt and shipping so that I can lie about having been there.

Larry

2nd liar doesnt have a chance!!!! :clap:

Looks like we are gonna be "IN". Think I can mount the Tiger and Jean's GS in the new trailer now (installed E-Track yesterday). Had a hot hub on way home, so will check the bearings on both sides.

WR250R will be in back of truck. New 606 on the way. I am wanting some Utah trails.

Planning on Tuesday departure. Bringing the truck opens up all kind of options for bringing more junk, ha.

Yep, it looks like I'm in for Torrey again. Does anyone else plan on going this Fall?

We'll be there....but I'm not going all the way to Hanksville.

For the first time in 5 years, I am not going to make Fall Torrey.

My surgery and Dr. restrictions prevent the trip this year. As good as I feel and as well as I am recovering does not belie the fact that I had major surgery just three weeks ago and my Dr. would prefer to not have to redo anything, as well as the fact that I don't want to be a bobble head.

Of all the events through BMWST, Torrey is the ONE that I have not canceled before and have avoided the dreaded need to. Just not gonna happen this year unfortunately.

And, of course, I'm now gonna miss my favorite libations as well! ARGH!!!!!

Have fun, hoon, and take pics. Vicarious living is required!!

Oh, and someone take a picture of Jan on his bike making a right turn across Janet's bow while she is riding her bicycle in the bike lane. Of course, Jan needs to be wearing his Camelbak and lace up shoes along with his scarf. All of which are harrowingly close to getting wrapped up in his knobby tired DRZ that only goes where man has gone before, paved it, groomed it, and deemed it government approved safe.

Thanks!

My surgery and Dr. restrictions prevent the trip this year. As good as I feel and as well as I am recovering does not belie the fact that I had major surgery just three weeks ago and my Dr. would prefer to not have to redo anything, as well as the fact that I don't want to be a bobble head.

Of all the events through BMWST, Torrey is the ONE that I have not canceled before and have avoided the dreaded need to. Just not gonna happen this year unfortunately.

Oh, and someone take a picture of Jan on his bike making a right turn across Janet's bow while she is riding her bicycle in the bike lane. Of course, Jan needs to be wearing his Camelbak and lace up shoes along with his scarf. All of which are harrowingly close to getting wrapped up in his knobby tired DRZ that only goes where man has gone before, paved it, groomed it, and deemed it government approved safe.

Thanks!

You hijackin' this thread buddy? This thread is for who's friggin' IN. We don't want to see no OUTs around here!

Thanks!

You hijackin' this thread buddy? This thread is for who's friggin' IN. We don't want to see no OUTs around here!

Wear the pink scarf, would ya!

Well, I guess I'll post an update. The CW reservation has been a go for a coupla days. I'm not sure if it'll be an "in" for Amy and the twins, but it's a go for my lil' bro (on his sv650) and myself at the very least. It may come down to "if you see a silver xc90 in the lot at the CW", Amy's also in with the twins.

Finally got the K12R back after throwing a cam chain going home after the spring Torrey. Still breaking in the motor. Should be able to make it... probably come up with Al on Thursday. Make it a L and XL for me Whip.

Thanks!

The least you could do is to take a 50 yard walk in the direction of Torrey. :lurk:

The least you could do is to take a 50 yard walk in the direction of Torrey. :lurk:

I don't think he's allowed out of the house yet.

Ya never know, he might step on a crack in the sidewalk. :grin:

I'm gonna have to check with Tom on that, I think that is a violation of the spirit of 2009.

...on the other hand your presently volunteering for a good cause. I'll make sure he takes that into account before any penalty is enforced.

:Cool:

Finally got the K12R back after throwing a cam chain going home after the spring Torrey. Still breaking in the motor. Should be able to make it... probably come up with Al on Thursday. Make it a L and XL for me Whip.

You're still breaking in a motor and you're going to be riding with Al?

Hello, and Greetings from Northern Ca.

Well I was able to pass all my medical tests and have been cleared for take off. Take off to Torrey that is . It now appears that I will be able to travel via M/C to Torrey for the Fall get together.

I know , I know it is a bit late for finding a room and getting all the gear together. That is one of the reasons I am writing to all of you. I am looking for someone that would consider having a roomate for the Torrey weedend. I do not snore nor smoke, however , I have been know to imbibe just a little on accassion.

If someone has a opening for a rooomate let me know asap. I hope to arrive by Thurs, midday if possible.

Thanks ,

Mat in Susanville, Ca.

We all know the best way to break in a new engine is by hitting the rev limiter at least a few times.

Ouch...that must have set you back a pretty penny or two!

You might want to bring up a new oil filter with you and change it at Bob's before we do Sweeper Maddness, if you haven't done that already before you leave with Al.

Fall Torrey,,New rules baby,,,2009.5

Good point, Tim. Mathematically speaking we are now able to round up to 2010. :thumbsup:

Eddd, please take a moment and reflect on this post knowing that you are so far over the line here that the consequences may stretch well into 2011.

With Warmest Regards,

Tom

Ouch...that must have set you back a pretty penny or two!

You might want to bring up a new oil filter with you and change it at Bob's before we do Sweeper Maddness, if you haven't done that already before you leave with Al.

Thank you for your concern. But neither Al or Sweeper Maddness will not keep my RPM's down, broke in or not.

We'll be there....but I'm not going all the way to Hanksville.

Hanksville!? No way are we going to Hanksville. Well, at least we ain't crossing the river.

Archived