IGNORED

So, Who's showing up in Torrey this month?

JerryMather

I'll be there in my usual room at the Chuckwagon on Thursday.

I'm bringing up a few racers from Willow Springs so they can checkout Sweeper Madness & the Tequlia Bar at the Cafe Diablo. Then were invading Bob's place. :thumbsup:

In.....arriving either late Thursday evening or mid day on Friday. The wife and I are still figuring out lodging (waiting list at the CW but may just book somewhere else)....then off to parts unknown on Sunday....

In, you bet! No. 3 on Chuckwagon waitlist since March and backup at Boulder View - but I hate to do that. If Chuckwagon does not come up soon, I'll cancel my waiting list and stay with BV.

In at the Sand Creek RV park. I'll be arriving about a week ahead of the actual event.

I'm sure someone is getting anxious to see their new KLR.

Bullett and I are IN. I'll arrive with the early crowd for some off road stuff. Head home in the truck Wednesday night, ride down with Bullett on the street bikes Thursday. Out Sunday.

Camping in Bob's yard for the early round, at the CW Thursday - Sunday.

I canceled my CW wait list and booked the motorhome into Sandy Creek. Arriving Thursday night. Trailering the RT and XR and maybe the Quad!

But I confirmed my room at the CW for Spring Torrey and me and my wife will be there then also.

Arizona Al and I have a regular CW room for Thursday night and then the Party Cabin (middle cabin, BYOB, stereo earplugs made while you wait) for Friday and Saturday.

Laura and I are arriving either Wed or Thursday. Leaving Sunday. Taking the Jeep this trip so no moto. Though I am sure I can find one to ride while there :) Can't wait to see you mokes!

I'll be in late-ish on Wednesday or mid-day on Thursday depending on my mood. I have a room at the CW. Looking forward to a nicely re-surfaced Sweeper Madness.

Still far down the list at the CW, haven't yet made other arrangements, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there. No promises yet, though.

The anti-Phil :)

Still far down the list at the CW, haven't yet made other arrangements, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there. No promises yet, though.

Ya bringin your body guard?????

For the first time in 62 years (for me), I'll need a passport to enter the USA. Mine is expired. Perhaps I will be able to enter by next spring. Y'all have fun!

Ya bringin your body guard?????

Dunno yet. That's part of the "pretty sure". He was talking about a cross-country ride in September. We'll see how that fits with Torrey.

My loss too, his trailer was going to carry my DRZ...

Seriously, no noses in the air, just that some logistics issues on the trailering front and a desire to make this more of a motorcycle road trip and do the western Colorado run up from Durango on the way in, and southeastern Utah on the way out both conspired against bringing the dirt bikes this time. We might end up regretting it but there's always next year. This year we will be feasting on the newly sealed roads...

russell_bynum

Seriously, no noses in the air, just that some logistics issues on the trailering front and a desire to make this more of a motorcycle road trip and do the western Colorado run up from Durango on the way in, and southeastern Utah on the way out both conspired against bringing the dirt bikes this time. We might end up regretting it but there's always next year. This year we will be feasting on the newly sealed roads...

No worries. It isn't like there aren't any good roads around Torrey. :grin:

You welcome to take my WR out anytime you want. Or we can take turns riding in the jeeps. You can have the soft sand and the snow. I'll take the difficult stuff.

:grin:

Hmm. Sounds to me like there's an opportunity for a small dual-sport rental business in Torrey.

Seth, I'm sure you have a route planned, but if you don't, once you clear the Million Dollar Highway and drop down into Ridgway, CO, turn left on 62 to 145 to 141 south. Take 491 west to 191 south to 95 north to 24 west and come in to Torrey via Hanksville and Capitol Reef NP. I ride that route whenever I go from Torrey to CO and while it may have a straightaway or two, I can't recommend it enough. Plus the ride up UT-95 is absolutely breathtaking, with the deepest red-colored strata you'll find in the state.

My actual travel plans are to leave the Olympia area around 2PM on Tuesday, skirt around Portland at about 3:30-4, then head for Pendleton or Baker City for the night.

On Wed, I plan to make it to Torrey, although I'm not guaranteeing that so I've made no reservations anywhere. I hope I find a room wherever I stop. If not it'll be the Cozy Ditch Inn.

If anyone wants to ride along, meet along the way, whatever, PM me. I'm pretty much slabbing it. I can solo or share hotel rooms, either way. But if you want to share please bring earplugs. I snore like an angry bear.

Seth, I'm sure you have a route planned, ...

Actually nothing's cast in stone and I'm very happy to receive suggestions. Since we're going to be doing UT-95 on the way back (looking at the map it's clearly not to be missed!) what would you think of going from Ridgway west on 62, north/west on 145 to 90, then north on 191 through Moab to I70, then south on 24 to Torrey on the outbound trip?

The original plan was to stay on CO-550 up through Montrose to Delta and then take CO-65 down to I70 (the only reason being that CO-65 looks like an incredible ride on the map.) If you or anyone has any experience regarding either of these routes I'd love to hear about it...

Actually nothing's cast in stone and I'm very happy to receive suggestions. Since we're going to be doing UT-95 on the way back (looking at the map it's clearly not to be missed!) what would you think of going from Ridgway west on 62, north/west on 145 to 90, then north on 191 through Moab to I70, then south on 24 to Torrey on the outbound trip?

The original plan was to stay on CO-550 up through Montrose to Delta and then take CO-65 down to I70 (the only reason being that CO-65 looks like an incredible ride on the map.) If you or anyone has any experience regarding either of these routes I'd love to hear about it...

Yeah, if you want to see Moab, that would be great. BTDT and it's very pretty. But IMO I'd rather ride UT-95 twice.

Yeah, if you want to see Moab, that would be great. BTDT and it's very pretty. But IMO I'd rather ride UT-95 twice.

Hmmm... an interesting thought, and a conundrum...

Anyway thanks for the input, it's much appreciated...

I wouldn't miss 141 North to US-50. If you have time this...

1st Choice

or this

2nd Choice

would be superb.

I don't have a huge amount of experience in NM, but for getting to Durango we have really enjoyed this route.

Las Vegas NM to Durango

What he said...

Kaneman/Josh called it planet Utah. Once ya get to Blanding and start heading west it is really somethin special.

I have done it 5 times this year so far and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

What he said...

Kaneman/Josh called it planet Utah. Once ya get to Blanding and start heading west it is really somethin special.

I have done it 5 times this year so far and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Personally, while I think 95 is a great road for amazing scenery, it was so heavily tar snaked this spring that I didn't really find it to be ultra good riding. Good, but not top of the line. If you hadn't said you were going back that way, I'd a suggested it. But to skip CO-141 and CO-65 for UT-95 twice. Not me. YMMV

Did it get a new surface or something since spring?

Thanks Jan, very helpful. Both routes will probably be a little tight on time (we'll be starting from Farmington, NM that day and want to hit Torrey before dark) but we might be able to accommodate Choice 2. Appreciate the input!

The Mrs' and I will both be attending, it seems she wants to go and meet the people I spend so much time with on here and FB.

We shall be camping at Bobs, and will be trailering her bike at the minimum. If I have a riding partner I'll ride and the wife will follow, if not then I will trailer both and drive. I need to invest in some multi-person lightweight camping gear and a few new compressable down bags before I can fit all our needs on the one bike two up, or egt her a bike that can be traveled on.

As she is you guys. Gotta warn everyone though her little Buell B-Last is kinda loud, the stock muffler was one piece from the head back and when it decided to become two peices on me it was cheaper to replace it with a Vance&Hines "perfomance" (insert snicker here) pipe and rejet the damn thing. Cheaper to the tune of half, so I will bring along extra foam earplugs to pass out.

Oh, I allmost forgot to add that she is a bit shy, so if she comes accross as stand-offish it is that she is nervous/bashfull around people she does not know. I know it won't be an issue though as most STer's are outgoing enough for two people.

As to 95's tar snakes:

They don't start unil you cross the river (heading east to west). Everything east of there to the Blanding area is no problem. The snakes west of the river don't last too long, and are not really bad unless you were cranking it up, which you probably won't be since you you'll be driving at a speed that allows you to admire the scenery.

I drive 95 at every opportunity, 8 times in the last 2 years, and I'll be on it again in a few weeks. It is that special.

Archived