IGNORED

Need help in Pine Hill NY (Catskills)

Foot

Deb picked up a nail in her rear tire on her Suzuki SV650. The tire size is 160/60 x 17. We are at my mother's house in Pine Hill NY. Local bike shops are closed till Tuesday. I know Art on this board lives close but I don't have any contact info for him. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

I found a cycle shop near Kingston that is open tomorrow. I will give them a call first thing in the morning to see if they have any tires. The nail is a small tack and I have green slime with me as well as tire plugs. I will give those a shot when the rain stops.

Alan

There was a car service center close by and we took the bike up there. He let me use his patch kit and we plugged the tire. The tire was not leaking when we left there. I will check the tire pressure in a few hours when it is cold. Then check it again in the morning. I have never driven on a plugged tire. What should I be looking out for in the way of problems.

Thanks

Alan

IDK. I've ridden on a patched tire as well (my first patch!). I had no issues, but I did replace the tire within a few weeks (it was about time anyway)

There was a car service center close by and we took the bike up there. He let me use his patch kit and we plugged the tire. The tire was not leaking when we left there. I will check the tire pressure in a few hours when it is cold. Then check it again in the morning. I have never driven on a plugged tire. What should I be looking out for in the way of problems.

Thanks

Alan

Alan,

no worries on the plugged/patched tire...

I have done it for hundreds of miles.

just monitor the air pressure a little closer. glad to hear you are back on the road.

Archived