IGNORED

fuel gauge strip ceaner

Gar

My fuel gauge was not reading full when the tank was full. This happened over a period of 6 months. I have read that sulfur compounds in gas can mess up the ability of these strips to read . I used chevon tectron in two tanks of gas....problem is totally gone. This can be bought at auto parts stores. I will see how long it lasts.

I read Chevron's specs, sounds like it's designed to clean fuel gauge sensors. Wonder if it would help them to be more *accurate* also? :dopeslap:

Will remember this when mine starts acting up. Thanks for posting.

My gauge 2008 reads about 100 to 110 then goes below the first quarter. Both my 2006 and 2008 had the same issue. The top 3/4 section of the first quarter will not be black when the tank is full. The guage does not move to the next section until 100 miles or so. Techron solves this issue for a while. I fill the tank and let it sit for 24 hours or so.

I haven't been able to gather any consistent data on what seems to influence the fuel gauge reading on my RT. If I really fill to the "top" the gauge seems to read less than full for quite a distance. Then it pops up to the normal full reading. Also, if I'm low on fuel and park the bike on the side stand, the miles-to-empty goes up and then decides to fall rapidly, which gives me some panic. I just live with the inconsistency.

Mine does the same thing ever since it was replaced by the dealer. I'm not as concerned about the top half as the bottom half, which seems to be more accurate now.

Archived