IGNORED

R1200RT Torch ? Flashlight ?

xyzfrankh

hI, jUST GOT MY R1200RT replaces R1150RT, the Bike is Fantastic. However in the manual it shows a pic of a torch in a clip in the inside of the cover on the storage box on the right side of the bike. Mine just has the clip, am I missing a torch ? or is it an extra ? anyone know?

Thanks for letting me know, will check out how much the dealer wants for the torch, maybe I can make them feel guilty and through one in for free!! a 12 grand bike, you think they could put a torch in the clip! Have clocked up 400 miles in a day, its so smooth its difficult to keep to 4000 rpm ! Everything about it is so good, I think its just about perfect

Keeping the bike under 4000RPM during run in is difficult ............ but once that period is over [ soon if you are anything like the rest of us !!] the miles just pile on ............. accompanied by big SMILES !!

Steve

Thanks for letting me know, will check out how much the dealer wants for the torch, maybe I can make them feel guilty and through one in for free!! a 12 grand bike, you think they could put a torch in the clip! Have clocked up 400 miles in a day, its so smooth its difficult to keep to 4000 rpm ! Everything about it is so good, I think its just about perfect

I paid about $20 for mine at the dealer. It's really an Energizer brand, but there was a BMW sticker on the package. It looks pretty cheap, but fits perfectly and has held up so far.

Jay

If the torch is anything like the one that came with my BMW car (in the glove compartment) , you aren't missing much. A feeble attempt at illumination. Get the Mag Light, or a good White LED light. By the way, this morning, I picked up my RT after the 600 mile service, and I feel liberated. Going for a long ride next weekend. Enjoy!

There is a 18mm diameter Mag Light on the market that fits perfectly. Word of advise is to feed it through the holder rather than cliping it on .... tight fit.

smirk.gif

Before my R12RT, I had an LT which came with the BMW flashlight clipped in the oddiments box. It was next to useless! Someone on the LT list discovered that the "Rage" model made by PrincetonTec fit perfectly in the clip and was much brighter and more useful than the one supplied with the bike. I kept this flashlight when I sold in the LT and was happy to find that it fits perfectly in the clip on the R12RT (with no radio/CD player). It runs on two pair of AAA batteries side by side and some sort of tiny but very bright bulb. I believe I bought mine at Home Depot for less than $10. I believe CampMor stocks them also.

Brian

R1200RT

Now you tell me the torch is next to useless!! Just ordered one from bmw cost £7.55 sterling. apparently its the same torch that you get on the LT, oh well better than nothing if i get stranded in the dark, but not a lot better by the sound of it!!

I just put a rubber torch under the seat. Though it's getting rather full under there, what with tools, first aid kit, puncture repair kit etc.

Just picked up a red MiniMaglite AA size for $8.34 at Wally World. Slides into the clip - I think snapping it into the clip might break the clip. Red on red looks cool. Red Rules. grin.gif

Just picked up the "BMW" torch, its an energiser, in energiser packaging with a bmw part number sticker on the packet. runs on 1 AAA battery. clips in nicely, but a bit disappointing it doesn't have a bmw badge on it !! How sad!

Archived