IGNORED

Differance 1200RT v 1300GT

ChuckS

Great thread. I talked to a couple of guys who rode together often, and on long trips. One had a 1200RT and the other a 1200GT. As the RT owner put it, "I feel more comfortable on the RT, but I feel SAFER on the GT." He loved riding the GT, but liked the ergos of the RT. Decisions, decisions. As someone said...if only I could afford both!
Not sure you can't adjust the ergos on the GT to match the RT. Mine seems about the same as my RT after putting risers and lowerers on the GT.

It is close, but still not quite the same. The pegs are still a little further back on the GT, the saddle size/ergos are different and the wind protection on a GT does not match the RT with its excellent upper and lower fairing. Passenger position is also slightly different and it is a long climb up to the passenger pegs.

I like the way I can grip the tank on the GT and rest my knees on the Plastic a bit (but need to lay down some screen to keep the paint) For me the GT is not as quiet a ride as the RT but I found the RT top heavy (I think the taller engine with the alternator on top) and the tall first gear a challenge on places like the Stelvio. For me, the GT is just a more Natural position allowing me to sit forward on the bike to take advantage of the better handling - I recognize the 'safe' bit that others have talked about. Two up, fully loaded including tank bag the GT can't be beaten in my opinion. YMMV (I don't need to wrestle with it at low speeds in parking spaces)

Archived