IGNORED

Charlotte NC to St Louis MO

Whip

I'm gonna go to my nephew's 4th birthday on Saturday in Charlotte. On Monday we need to head for Torrey and be there for dinner Wednesday night. I wanna pick I-70 up in St Louis and go over to Denver. From Denver I'll check the weather and how we feel. My question for you Easties is.....How to get from Charlotte to St Louis. 717 miles on the interstate going through Knoxville.

How about somethin through Maggie Valley or further south through the dragon????

We gotta do a bunch of miles and don't make it too complicated.

TIA

Whip

Whip, I'd recommend the Cherohala Skyway over Deals Gap. Much better ride with better views. I've done both many times. I've attached a .gdb of the Cherohala FYI in an email to you,

john

roadscholar

Well, the easy answer is to take I-85 SW to Gafney, SC. and get on Hwy. 11 to Walhalla, S.C. then take 28 north into Highlands, NC. Do a loop around Highlands (for Louise) then continue on 28 thru Franklin to where it ends at Deal's Gap. Run up to the reservoir and back (just because you have to) then south on 129 to the Cherohala and over to TN. 68. From there you've got a few options to I-40.

It may not look right on the map but it gets you to the best single road across the Appalachians (Hwy 28) and won't take much longer than any other route except the slab, which is downright dangerous on a bike from Asheville to Knoxville.

On the other hand, I know you're a busy man, but if you believe you're gonna' just breeze thru there without stoppin', think again. :)

I'm workin on a plan and you two are part of it, so figure out how to add at least 24 hours to that itinerary, you've got some other obligations bubba. :grin:

Keep yer phone handy.

On the other hand, I know you're a busy man, but if you believe you're gonna' just breeze thru there without stoppin', think again. :)

I'm workin on a plan and you two are part of it, so figure out how to add at least 24 hours to that itinerary, you've got some other obligations bubba. :grin:

Keep yer phone handy.

Killer, Eddd, Squirrel, Tom, J,.....

We may not make it till Thursday.

Somethins come up......I know y'all will understand.

:Cool:

Keep yer phone handy.

Killer, Eddd, Squirrel, Tom, J,.....

We may not make it till Thursday.

Somethins come up......I know y'all will understand.

:Cool:

I understand and I'm sure the others will also :thumbsup:. Have a great time with Bill in the mountains.

So you're the reason my riding buddies bailed early on Sunday and headed to Cashiers!! ;)

Wish I could have joined them and gotten the chance to meet you. Perhaps another time ...

Hope your trip is going smoothly and that you make it to St. Louis without a hitch. :wave:

Archived