IGNORED

Alaska and back

kyrter

I know several of you have done the Alaska and back trip before and wanted to get your thoughts on this type trip. Would be starting from Central KY. heading to Anchorage and then a return trip back home. Basically interested in the route you took and if you had problems finding fuel along the way. Would be camping most of the time. Not worried about bears and such. Can run faster than the guy going with me.

The trip is scheduled for next June. Just in the being of planning stages so far

thanks

I made the trip to Prudhoe Bay last year and never a problem getting gas. If you can get 200 miles per tank then I don't think you need to bring any extra. Bears, no problem....the mosquitoes are a different story. Good luck!

I really did not think gas would be a problem. Normally get about 260 on the RT before reserve but the guy riding with me only gets around 170 - 180 before his reserve...not that he looks at it when it is on. Ran out at 1/4 mile from Steamboat Springs last year.

Did you take the Ferry going or coming back to Seattle?

My rule of thumb when riding in remote areas (and I have NEVER check ahead for gas stops)... if you've ridden 100 miles and there is gas, GET GAS. I forgot my own rule once, while in Alaska two years ago and it turned into an opportunity to meet two wonderful people :thumbsup:. My trip

Have a great trip and be sure to share it with us.

Did you take the Ferry going or coming back to Seattle?

If you are planning on taking the ferry out of Seattle I recommend you make your reservations early.

The only ferry I took was the short crossing at the Yukon River in Dawson City. The road ends in town and it is the only way to cross.

Not sure yet on the Ferry. Just looking at options. Took the Ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth a couple of years ago and it was a great 3 hour cruise. Sure save about 8-9 hours in the saddle. Lookng at Maybe from Homer back to Vancouver as an option.

Archived