IGNORED

A Couple More R1200GS Accessories

Ken H.

The new Wunderlich rear mud / splash guard. Hopefully this will keep the top case (and Donna's back!) cleaner in the rain. Part # 8110102 $US42.50 from BMW Santa Cruz (I think the only source of Wunderlich stuff in the US.)

34114693-M.jpg

A Wunderlich trim piece for when you are running with top case in the forward 'pillionless' position. Very nice! Part # 8110272 $US21.95

34114696-M.jpg

I'm not sure how real the problem is of people stealing the BMW emblems off the side of 12GSs or if it is a solution looking for a problem, but here is their retaining bracket. Part # 8100150 $US34.95 pair.

34114697-M.jpg

The first two are covered by Jesse Bags. smile.gif

I'm not sure how real the problem is of people stealing the BMW emblems off the side of 12GSs or if it is a solution looking for a problem, but here is their retaining bracket. Part # 8100150 $US34.95 pair.

Um. Ya. OK....

Ken, the word is "bling" smile.gif

Ken, the word is "bling"
tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Hey I get enough crap from the KTM 950 Adventure rider at work that thinks it's a sin that I'm using a BMW GS strictly for the street OK? eek.gifgrin.gif

Hey Ken, does that rear license plate flap replace the original plate mount, or just bolt to it, or what? I'd love to see a pic of it without the plate on it.

Bob

Ill shoot a picture tomorrow and post it. (Dark out now). But basically I slid it up between the plastic piece that is part of the bike tail and the metal bracket for the lic. plate. I had to modify it quite a bit to fit (it cuts /drills easily) as the bolt holes in it were clearly for a EU plate bracket. No big deal to do so though.

Ken, I'm honored I was able to help out.
Yeah, well, uh, gee, uh... well thanks.

Any time you need the favor returned just let me know!

It is truly an honor that has been bestowed on you. Honest.
Thanks Marty, I'll wear it with... hummm, what is the word I'm looking for... "Honor" no, "distinction" no, "valor" no, "humility" yeah that's closer...

What a lucky guy. If Steve and I were closer, we would bake a cake for the party...that I'm sure is being blinged/err planned. blush.gif

What a lucky guy. If Steve and I were closer, we would bake a cake for the party...that I'm sure is being blinged/err planned. blush.gif

Sounds like a plan. I'll bring the sparklie stuff to decorate (er, bling) the cake. grin.gif

I'd love to see a pic of it without the plate on it.

Here it is. Sorry I didn't post it sooner, was out of town for a couple of days:

34554335-M.jpg

I'd love to see a pic of it without the plate on it.

Here it is. Sorry I didn't post it sooner, was out of town for a couple of days:

34554335-M.jpg

No worries. Ok, so you drilled holes in the new part in a triangular pattern and then bolted the plate holder to the front of it. Do you find that the bottom of the license plate is pushed against the new part now? I ask because I have a stainless steel plate from motorrad concepts that I am going to modify to hold a US plate and it looks like the same kind of deal to do...

Do you find that the bottom of the license plate is pushed against the new part now?
Yes the bottom of the plate now touches the new part. As a matter of fact the lower (longer) plate bolts now pass all the way through the plate, plate bracket and new Wunderlich part, with the bolt nuts behind (wheel side) of it. Sort of a three piece sandwich.
Do you find that the bottom of the license plate is pushed against the new part now?
Yes the bottom of the plate now touches the new part. As a matter of fact the lower (longer) plate bolts now pass all the way through the plate, plate bracket and new Wunderlich part, with the bolt nuts behind (wheel side) of it. Sort of a three piece sandwich.

And you cut the side reflectors off of the plate bracket too, eh?

And you cut the side reflectors off of the plate bracket too, eh?
They were missing when I bought the bike used and I haven't bothered to replace them.

Hey I can make anything guy,

Surely that includes blowing and etching glass?

Actually I was going to send you the link to them, but they're not on their web site any more. frown.gif

So I guess that makes our pair extra special/valuable! thumbsup.gif

This week and this week only - Buy a pair of R1200GS Wine Glasses for the low-low price of $20,000 and get the motorcycle included for free! grin.gif

Archived