IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread !!!

SAMSAR

Oh my!!! I just got that feeling of "so much to do, so little time..." :eek:

Safe travels everyone... And Leslie, can you bring a little (or a lot) of that San Diego sunshine with you again! :thumbsup:

Suzanne and I will be at RV site 151 for those arriving over the weekend. Stop by if you have a chance, the fire will be roaring and the beer will be cold.

Cheers!!! :clap:

bakerzdosen
T-Minus 12 hours and counting . . . the Pied Piper Rides AGAIN!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's t-minus 8 hours and change and counting...

Start packing already man. :)

Pied piper riders, please keep us posted on your progress. Will be arriving Sunday afternoon see you then, have fun be safe.

John

Pied piper riders, please keep us posted on your progress. Will be arriving Sunday afternoon see you then, have fun be safe.

John

We should have internet access every night (except possibly at Old Forge), so you should see a post or two in Ride Tales. If for some reason we can't get on a night or two, don't panic.

Jamie and Les are riding out with some locals to sight see. They and Michael will be here Saturday and we'll hit the road in earnest Sunday morning. You might see a post or two before, but I would expect regular updates to begin Sunday evening.

I'm not leaving until Thurs. Aug. 6, but I am ready to go right now. Just got word that my brother, who lives in the Boston area, was able to rent an HD UltraGlide for the weekend. I am going to slab it up and plan on arriving at his house on Friday evening, get up the next morning and head towards Roger's Campground, the long way. We have always wanted to take a motorcycle trip together, but because of the distance between us it just wasn't possible. This Unrally location was pefect. We are going to arrive Sat. and ride the whole weekend. He took a day off of work on Monday, so that gives us a little more time to enjoy. See everyone there. Look for the blue 07 RT and the HD. Ride Safe...

We have always wanted to take a motorcycle trip together

It's so good that you two will have these memories. Have a great ride in with your brother! :clap:

John

Jamie and Les are riding out with some locals to sight see. They and Michael will be here Saturday and we'll hit the road in earnest Sunday morning. You might see a post or two before, but I would expect regular updates to begin Sunday evening.

The Pied Piper lifted off from Casa Edmonds at 09:30 this morning and has landed safely (if a bit overheated, dehydrated and exhausted) in Mesquite, NV! :clap:

Just had dinner with my Harley-riding cohorts and a short stay poolside. They're also beat after getting on the road at 03:30 to try to beat the heat. They were going to be on the road by 02:00 . . . but one of them had a "starter solenoid issue" (I guess his home-made bike eats starter solenoids for lunch--he's on his third rebuild kit).

We saw a high of 116*F in Lost Wages right as the traffic came to a crawl (and there's NO lane-splitting in Nevada, son! :eek: ). After leaving home at 09:30 and arriving at the Casa Blanca (which has been painted pink . . . go figure! :dopeslap: ) at 16:00 hours we were done. Only one stop for gas and one more for food/gas. 400 miles in 6.5 hours (61.54 mph traveling speed)--not bad considering the temps were above 100*F for 4.5 of those hours, there was a LOT of road construction, traffic in Vegas and some sort of accident in CA just shy of the border. In retrospect, we should have made another stop in North Las Vegas to hydrate, balance the electrolytes a bit and cool down some after fighting traffic at 115+*F for almost an hour.

We're getting on the road again tomorrow at 08:00 and taking the back roads to SLC to hook up with Jan, Sharon and Michael, and . . . Hopz, maybe? . . . and . . . Bueller? :grin:

I guess this is more of a "Ride Tale" now, huh? Oooops! I'm just so EXCITED!!! . . . I'm just chattering!! :thumbsup:

ugh......116 :eek:. Haven't seen temps like that since I was rolling through Nebraska a few years ago on my way to the west coast. I drank 2 full gallons of water that day and was still pretty dehydrated.

Your going to like it up here north of the Mason Dixon. We have only seen 90+ degrees maybe 5 days this year.......of course thats a damp heat though :rofl:

I guess this is more of a "Ride Tale" now, huh? Oooops! I'm just so EXCITED!!! . . . I'm just chattering!!

You just keep right on posting and chattering wherever you want to. :thumbsup:

SEE YOU SOON! :clap:

Jamie does know how to get a thread excited!

Just be glad we don't have to go through Shreveport, they can't keep I-20 open for 24 hours it seems, and contruction. Let's just say we are glad to be leaving.

When I hopped up my HD, it ate starter gears, HD is overbuilt except for that one point!

15 hours till departure and I see a wx window, yeehaaaa!

Paul Mihalka

"Leslie - don't leave him too far behind :rofl: "

I'm afraid she can't. This time she is sitting behind him and telling him which way to go. Leslie, don't trust Jamie with the GPS! He might end up in Lancaster PA! :wave:

Leslie, don't trust Jamie with the GPS! He might end up in Lancaster PA!

Even worse, Jamie could travel 7000 miles and wind up in Lancaster, CA! :eek::eek::dopeslap::wave:

I am happy for all of you that are already on the road and/or have bike prepared and are ready! Ride safe!

I have another week of work and need to change the oil and put on a new set of rear brakes. I'm headed out early next Saturday and arrive mid-day on Sunday.

Nothing like new tires to make a MC look good!

Jean and I are watching radar this morning, big line gonna meet us in AR. I was so looking forward to the twisties up Eureka Springs, but may have to detour through Jefferson, Tx.

We are go within the hour. Looking to meet the Pied Piper heading to NH!!! :clap:

Paul Mihalka

For me also rear tire and oil this weekend. Leave a week from tomorrow, be there Monday.

For you Westerners, I know how you feel. That's the way I feel when the UN is is Wyoming or Oregon. Have a great ride!

I got new tires tonight! Yahaaaaaa! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I love the smell of tires in the morning!

:thumbsup:

Up and getting ready to head to Yellowstone :clap:... "On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again...."

I'm afraid she can't. This time she is sitting behind him and telling him which way to go. Leslie, don't trust Jamie with the GPS! He might end up in Lancaster PA! wave

That's next door to Blue Balls, PA ain't it :grin:

Well, you know... Leslie is sooooo quick, that Jamie really should watch his back... in a metaphysical sense at the very least :grin:

I'm just glad you're both on your way &

Richard/Jacqueline - glad to hear you all are on the road too :thumbsup:

Nice n Easy Rider

New tires on this AM. Now to go scuff them up a bit before my Friday noon departure. See you all soon. :clap:

David and Jean in Branson, MO. Ran from Tstorms all morning, many showers, got ahead of them in Russelville, then saw a hole on the radar, shot west on I-40 to 21, 16, 7.

Great roads in AR even wet and in showers. 21 was mostly dry and no rain, 7 also, be hard to top those roads.

Lots of wet stuff to dry tonight. Oh, 76W in Branson is packed with vacationers, so we felt right at home, ha.

We didn't make it to Eureka Springs as you can tell! The nice road fooled him going north so we detoured?? Oh well??? I have never been here got my sticker!! :clap:

Out the door in the next hour.

Got back from 5 days of hiking last night, laundry blitz, load routes on the Zumo, packed stuff. The RT is on the trailer (anyone who sees me in person can give me grief) and the car is packed. Hope to be in Moncton on Thursday and Lancaster next Monday afternoon.

You all stay safe and see see you in a week.

Mike Cassidy

The RT is on the trailer (anyone who sees me in person can give me grief) and the car is packed.

Grief forthcoming... I've created a special color name badge for those who trailer in... ;) ;) :grin:

Alright, the 5 days of hiking gets you a free pass. Not sure I could cross the street these days with a backpack on. :)

Cheers!

Paul

We are in Ida Grove Iowa. MO265 this morning, down in bottoms by creek, green twisties, great road. Little over 800 miles now and about 75 mi on interstates.

Corn and soy bean crops all the way, America, you are looking GOOD! Locals tho say the cooler than normal wx is hurting the crops.

RichEdwards

Will be trailering two bikes to NJ, leaving on Saturday. I'll leave the trailer at my son's place in NJ, then my friend Jeff and I will meet others for the ride up to NH Monday morning. It'll be nice to have some cool weather!

Will be trailering two bikes to NJ, leaving on Saturday. I'll leave the trailer at my son's place in NJ, then my friend Jeff and I will meet others for the ride up to NH Monday morning. It'll be nice to have some cool weather!

Rich, I'm glad you are coming to the UN! Looking forward to seeing you again!

After a very wet ride over Beartooth Pass... Richard and I are now spending the night in Montana! Had another GREAT day riding and another day/ another state, closer to NH :clap::thumbsup:.

Three days and a wake up! I went to the orthopod today for a shoot of the good doctors feel good juice in the left knee this morning. Hopefully, by Friday it will be feeling no pain. Deb and I can't wait to get on the road!

Alan

We pulled into Detroit Lakes, MN. 2:45 check in, the bottom fell out. Short shower turned out. 66F. Met two ADV riders at the Country Kitchen, they were headed to Seattle, WA.

Calvin the clutch has been replaced along with the front master cylinder! my wallet is much lighter so we should be traveling faster!

Alan

Paul Mihalka

I have a serious problem with this UNrally. It's called a UNrally because it is supposed to be UNorganized. What Paul/SAMSAR is doing is a SUPERB organization. It may be hard to find people to UNorganize the next UNrallies, Paul is setting the bar too high!

THANK YOU PAUL! Could you UNorganize the UNrallies for the next few years? :grin:

Not to worry Paul, there are those of us who will dispel the sense of order within 24 hours.

( +1 Samsar is delightfully organized. It's like having a concierge!)

Not to worry Paul, there are those of us who will dispel the sense of order within 24 hours.

Why does Richard come to mind... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why does Richard come to mind... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, that guy is a bad influence!

Calvin  (no socks)

Lobster flown in from Maine, three types of gps files, donuts on site, follow-up e-mails. What is next, illuminated name tags? :grin:

Thanks for all Paul/SAMSAR's work! WOW

Bike is in the garage until I get back on Sunday Aug 9th. Check!

All 3 GIVIs are in my livingroom with fabric softner towels in them to make them sweet. Check!

All the contents of the GIVIs are next to the bag liners and ready to be loaded. Check!

Water bladder is in freezer. Check!

Gas tank is full and all service is done. Check!

New Cell Phone with New Number (585-857-6850 kmrayburn@sbcglobal.net ) Check!

Getting on an airplane headed to Chicago. WHAT? :rofl:

TIGTBSMF :clap::wave::Cool::):D:grin::thumbsup:;)

Draftermike

Waiting on the Chuck of the Chuck and Mike show to arrive before leaving from Missouri. I'll be packed by mid-afternoon... or earlier.

Waiting on the Chuck of the Chuck and Mike show to arrive before leaving from Missouri. I'll be packed by mid-afternoon... or earlier.

It will be great to see you three musketeers again!

Archived