IGNORED

Windscreen Inquiry

CMWingfield

I'm in the process of selecting an aftermarket windscreen for my R1200GS. I'm leaning toward the Aeroflow half faring. I ride year round and it seems to offer the greatest protection. It's not the most attractive looking screen, but it seems most functional. I was wondering what others feel about aftermarket screens they have on their bikes.

Thanks,

Mike

the_moviegoer

I've read a bit about this screen, and someone here got one; he gave it a great review (said it was like being on his RT). I just traded my RT in for a GS, and I was thinking the Aeroflow 1/2 fairing would be terrific for cold weather. It might've come up in Tasker's thread about windshield trouble. The clear top and bottom looks doesn't look goofy, in my opinion (as long as it's clean grin.gif).

I have the stock windshield on my 1150-GS, I think it's great. When its cold, (I ride year round too) I use my electric vest & grips. The Aeroflow thing is awful looking; I think it ruins the lines of the bike.

Howard and et al.

Thanks for responding. I went ahead and ordered the Aeroflow. People I know that have one never complain, and as for being a little on the ugly side, well, so am I! smile.gif I'm into function and that's why I bought the GS. Swiss Army knives aren't really that pretty either!!

Thanks again!

Mike

You're welcome, Mike. I'll bet you really like it. I thought it was kind of ugly at first, even though I didn't care, but now I kind of like the looks. Function over form any day.

Archived