IGNORED

Fuel Cap Bolts on R1200RT

Buccaneer

Hi all

I found a local source for anodised aluminium hex bolts, which I would like to use on the fuel cap filler thingy.

The parts list gives the bolts as M5x28. I can get M5x25 and M5x30. Does anyone know which of these would fit best, or am I going to have to grind a set of 30s down 2mm?

The reason I ask is I have to order by mail, so I can't simply test one of them.

Were it me... I'd simply order enough of each size and use whatever works. I wouldn't think they would be that expensive.

JW

Clive Liddell
The parts list gives the bolts as M5x28. I can get M5x25 and M5x30. Does anyone know which of these would fit best, or am I going to have to grind a set of 30s down 2mm?

When I wanted to remove and replace the tank fairing on my 11RT I couldn't get the original bolts to "take". I have since found that part of the problem was the swelling of the O-ring. BUT, I also found that "they" had used 25mm bolts. I got some 30mm stainless steel bolts and cut them down to ~27,5mm. Then I saw the proper size in the parts list smile.gif. The 30's bottomed out onto the tank on my bike...

Archived