IGNORED

3 day pass, need suggestions!!!

lvnvbiker

The wife has cut me a 3 day pass next week starting monday, and I am having problems figuring out where to go. I have been considering Utah or Ca for some roads I've yet to try. So please contribute your 2 cents and get me planning...

NV95, NV6, CA120, CA395, CA89, CA36, CA44, CA299, CA101, CA1, CA128,

CA113, CA80, CA16, CA49, CA120, CA395, CA168, NV266, NV95.

Loop takes you through Sierra's, Tahoe, Lassen, Trinity Forest, North Coast, Wine country, Gold country, Yosemite, Bristlecone Pine Forest.

PM for the good brew stops. :grin:

MB>

NV95, NV6, CA120, CA395, CA89, CA36, CA44, CA299, CA101, CA1, CA128,

CA113, CA80, CA16, CA49, CA120, CA395, CA168, NV266, NV95.

Loop takes you through Sierra's, Tahoe, Lassen, Trinity Forest, North Coast, Wine country, Gold country, Yosemite, Bristlecone Pine Forest.

PM for the good brew stops. :grin:

MB>

Be real cautious if you go CA89,the tar snakes there are downright treacherous!

JR356

Anyone free mon-weds of next week to go along? I plan on camping the majority, and I may drag it out to 4 days.

Glenn,

The lower elevations in UT are starting to warm up, though still nothing compared to your LV heat, and the upper elevations are cool. Wildflowers including cactus were reported blooming on Highway 12 this week, but you'd have to stop and get off the bike to see them. Some of the high pass roads remain closed, but all in all I would say that it's an ideal time of year either here or CA. The forecast for your time slot shows a low probability of afternoon thunderstorms in UT, up to 30%.

You could certainly do a mountain/desert Utah/CO tour. Coming from LV and returning to LV in three days.... Give me an idea how much saddle time you like a day, and how much you are interested in doing things off the bike, such as in Zion or Bryce. If it's to be all riding, then...

Run up to Torrey Via Zion NP and UT 12 your first day. From there you have too many fantastic choices to really decide. I would think about running up UT-72 (sweeper madness, currently heavily tar snaked) to I-70 and then over to Grand Mesa and Black Canyon, and then down through the Million Dollar Highway.

Something like this:

Colorado High Pass Option

Or we could route you through Northern Utah, some of the good stuff is open. This route has you spending a night with us here in SLC, but it's a hell of ride getting here. We have a room for you here at the house if you like.

Something like this:

Northern Ut Option

I have not been on UT-264 UT-96 near Scofield, but I'm pretty sure that it's paved and no problem.

Twisties, the routes you came up with actualy start about a mile from my house... Funny that google picked that close. They both look great, thank you very much. I have been thinking about doing the parks alot lately and need to get some pics to entice the wife, and I have not been thru Salt Lake in a long time so I'll most likely be doing the later route with a possible detour to ses "sweep madness" if it is not part of the route.

10ovr, I used to pick a direction as a young biker when I did not care what I saw along the way, now I want to see things, meet people, and need some sort of rough plan to do it. After years of flying blind the need for some sort of plan sprung up all of a sudden, I think it's because I married a list making school teacher personaly.

Damn union has bumped up a pre-arbitration meeting to tuesday, so I may be bumping my ride up to starting tommorow since I have to be there for it. But then the weekend weather does look pretty good for a ride anyway. Now to talk to the SO and see if I can get my escape early...

Home at 720pm!!!! Thanks Bob,Janet,Jan, and Sharon for the hospitality and you guys are welcome anytime in Vegas.

Home at 720pm!!!! Thanks Bob,Janet,Jan, and Sharon for the hospitality and you guys are welcome anytime in Vegas.

Was great having you. Hope you enjoyed the ride. Hope you missed the thunderstorms. I went back over Wolf Creek and thought I was gonna get pounded, but the route snaked right between 'em all, and I had the road dry and to myself.

Enjoyed meeting you Glenn, hope the talk ("The Role of Public Radio in Rural Utah") wasn't too dull, at least it wasn't too long!

Archived