IGNORED

Going to need a tire swap...

Ken H.

We’re almost certainly going to need a tire change out somewhere around the UN, give or take a few hundred miles. By the time we get there we'll be 6K or so into a set with another 4K planned in the weeks to follow.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Best place to contact to pre-purchase, pre schedule a quick turnaround on a tire swap out?

I suspect others (Californians come to mind), are going to be in the same situation, what are your plans for same?

Hi Ken,

You bring up a great point!

I would like to make an offer to everyone. If you want to have tires delivered to my house, i will store them and then throw them in the back of the truck for when I drive up to UN HQ. I will als bring the tire changer and balancer too. I can then throw the old tires back in the truckbed and dispose of them at my local tire shop.

Home address for those interested is:

Paul Soucy

47 Talcott Range Dr.

East Granby, CT. 06026

860-844-8895

How does that sound?

Paul

How does that sound?

Sounds like a fun evening of tire changing at the UN. I'll bring my sign......"Will change tires for beer"

Matts_12GS
Sounds like a fun evening of tire changing at the UN. I'll bring my sign......"Will change tires for beer"

Can I set up one that says "Will fix Keith's mistakes for beer?" :wave::rofl:

Hi Keith

Paul Mihalka

Other possibility for tires and BMW needs Is Bud Provin's "Nickwackett Garage" in Pittsford VT on Rt. 7 just north of Rutland. About 150 miles from Lancaster NH. You can make a nice ride out of it. The shop belonged to Bud's dad who was a BMW dealer in the sixties and Bud was the certified BMW technician there when he was 17 years old. Bud was the chief technician at Bob's BMW for many years and is a GREAT guy. If necessary he could do needed repairs. Labor rate is $60/hr. If you buy the tire from him it's $30 incl. taking the wheel off the bike.

The shop has no website. To reach him email budprovin@hotmail.com or 802-483-2460.

Hi Keith

Coming from the guy who had a recent valve stem failure in the middle of nowhere......mabe I should setup shop on both sides of you to double check YOUR work. For more beer of course ;)

the count so far is 3 for labor and proper safety inspections.......of course this is all contingent of Paul's willingness to allow us to barge in and start pimping out his equipment without asking or him taking out a cut :grin:. He could always go right over our head and start making his own demands.

Matts_12GS

Hi Keith

Coming from the guy who had a recent valve stem failure in the middle of nowhere......mabe I should setup shop on both sides of you to double check YOUR work. For more beer of course ;)

Some lessons are learned the hard way. But, it did make that trip exciting! :dopeslap:

So, a simple tire change is going to cost me how many beers????

Probably not as many as it's worth!

Probably right: I've earned MY rubber chicken once already!

We are in Gurnee IL, (by Chicago) if you want to send some here and change them out here I have a Harbor freight changer. PM me if you are interested.

DavidEBSmith

I've also got a HF changer, but of course might already be on my way. Or you might not be coming through this way.

If you are coming through Chicago, and want to have tires done commercially, call Motoworks. They have no problem with you bringing your own tires, they will be honest about whether or not they can do it when you need it done, and they have good mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

Your tire arrived at the house yesterday. :thumbsup:

Just a reminder to everyone that you can have tires delivered to the house. I'm bringing all the changer/balancer stuff with me in the truck to the UNrally and I'll throw your tires in the back with everything else.

Cheers!

Paul

Lone_RT_rider

Be careful, he has good taste in beer. :thumbsup::rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Another reminder that I will be bringing the tire changing equipment if you want new rubber before hitting the roads. You can have the tires sent to the house and PM me to let me know they are coming.

Cheers!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
George Brown

Check out url=http://www.hermys.com/]Hermy's Tire & Cycle[/url] just off I-78 in Port Clinton, PA. They are a great BMW dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

Will you have a torque wrench (60 nm for the rear wheel) with you, or should I pack mine?

TKS!

Hi Ken,

I will bring mine with me. I plan to throw a lot of stuff into the truck anyway in case anyone needs work done.... Interesting that your GS rear wheel is only 60nm considering my RT is over 100nm.

Cheers!

Paul

Paul Mihalka
Hi Ken,

I will bring mine with me. I plan to throw a lot of stuff into the truck anyway in case anyone needs work done.... Interesting that your GS rear wheel is only 60nm considering my RT is over 100nm.

Cheers!

Paul

Wheels, bolts, and torque values changed from the R1150 to the R1200 bikes.

Paul,

Will you have a torque wrench (60 nm for the rear wheel) with you, or should I pack mine?

TKS!

Glad to see you are still planning to come!!

Paul,

TKS!

Glad to see you are still planning to come!!

Thanks, it's been pretty iffy, but at the moment we are back on again. :grin:

I changed my back tire last night on the Harbor Freight. I learned the trick finally. Need help, Paul, just holler.

Archived