IGNORED

The UnRally 2003 Official Announcement!

Jake

In reply to:

I just thought I'd warn ya ...My wife still drives a Harley! Not a convert yet... I hope she won't be the subject of ridacule????

In reply to:

Ralph, we only ridicule each other about surging or not, leaking or not, speeding or not, helmets or not, hooning or not. What your wife rides is cool as long as she doesn't stuff us in the twisties. smile.gif See you

846 miles from Denver.

What's the altitude there? I get the bends if I'm outta the mountains for more then a few days scared2.jpg

Never been to that part of the country, sound like a good trip. I'm absolutly positive that I might be in. laugh.gif

All these posts about "my wife is riding her bike" are making me VERY happy! WhooooooooHoooooooo, what a difference a year makes.

My SO won't even ride my bike with me on it frown.gif I don't think totaling one in July and then letting her see 141 mph max on the GPS on the new blue has helped matters.

The UnRally 2003 announcement was placed in the Main Forum since this is BMWRT.COM's major event of the year, and we wanted to emphasize the prominence that it deserves during this announcement/initial planning period. Most members check the Main Forum first and most often. We wanted to increase the opportunity for everyone to be aware of the UnRally, and to participate at this time. Later, UnRally 2003 information and discussions will be moved to the Ride Together Forum or a Forum of its own, whichever seems most appropriate at that time.

Sounds great! That's a beautiful part of this magnificent country. A bit rainy in May, but I'll be tired of that persistent Tampa sun by then.

outstanding!!! I just returned from the Lone Star- DFW club ride up there with Mike Moon. aaahhhhh, 4 days of twisties and brilliant color, good food and company. Yes, we got a bit wet Thurs and Fri, but Sat was great.

Great choice

I probably won't get the "Long Distance Award" like Torrey as it's only 1200+/- miles for me. Maybe I can find some twisty roads or get lost a few times and up the milage.

May looks like a great date.

David, are we hoonin behind that Valentine again? YeeHaa.

LAX = 1607miles

It is a similar distance from San Diego. SeanC, can you say BB1500 Gold? You've done one, want another? I'm up for it on the leg out.

Isn't Incirlik AB, Turkey, a major city?

Mileage?

You European, UK, Iroid, Antipodean, and S African hoons better start planning. It would be great to have you. You could make a Grand Tour and I'm sure lots of us would be glad to give you shelter.

Plotted it out on a map and it looks like a solid 2 day ride for us up in NE.

Unfortunately (actually fortunately) I won't be able to make it. After 8 years of practice including 3 years of fertility treatment the Flansburys have a tiny motorcycle enthusiast on the way. Big adjustment but the RT stays! Now I have an excuse to buy bike with a sidecar crazy.gif

>It is a similar distance from San Diego. SeanC, can

>you say BB1500 Gold? You've done one, want another?

You know the answer to that one, dude! May's a good month for me (as long as it doesn't occur on May 4th, my first anniversary -- can't really miss that one).

Everyone should pick up a copy of Arkansas Rider's Guide by Mario Caruso.

Address:

708 Prospect Avenue

Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71901

(501) 622-0987

GuinzoMoto@aol.com

I have no affiliation other than our club bought a bunch of copies for our recent fall colors ride. The $15.95 book is copyrighted 2002, so the information is pretty current. It is spiral-bound, will fit in your map window, and is 144 pages. The book concentrates on the NW half of Arkansas, and has a chapter w/ 5 day rides out of E.S. Good tips on traffic, places to eat, etc.

TimButterfield

Speaking of books, I picked up a copy of Scenic Driving the Ozarks. There looks to be around a dozen scenic drives listed for that general area of AR, MO and OK. Most seem to be paved with a few gravel ones for the GS riders. Not having been there, I can't say what the roads are like, but they look interesting and might be worth a look.

Everyone should pick up a copy of Arkansas Rider's Guide by Mario Caruso.color=blue>

He's in Europe right now, so you might want to want for a week.

AdventurePoser

Hi Jake,

It was with sadness that Jennifer and I noted the passing of the summer date for the Unrally...being public school employees, the only time we can take a tour of any length is during the summer months.

So, it looks like we won't be able to come. If you can, have fun without us...

Steve in So Cal

Hi Steve -

Well, I happen to know of a pretty cool dude in your neck of the woods, who'll be running a Triathalon in Canada in August. Sounds like a road trip to me. wink.gif

• 2 months later...

Archived