IGNORED

1st Class Motorcycle Tours

russb

First Class Motorcycle Tours has just teamed up with Amtrak (Auto Train) to bring a new tour to BMW motorcycle enthusiasts. Trains, Planes, Limousines and Motorcycles Tour. From Sanford, FL train station to Washington DC. Then 1000 miles of back roads through VA, WV, TN, GA and NC. Lodging at all Historic Inns and upscale meals. Rental Motorcycles are available. Check out the new video of this Vacation by clicking here. 8 States in 7 Days! Thats a Holiday! Thank you.

www.firstclassmotorcycletours.com

See our new Video on this vacation.

Francois_Dumas

Frankly, sounds like more stress than I would have in my office ! How about doing it in 4 weeks? Now THAT's a holiday ! :grin::grin:

Frankly, sounds like more stress than I would have in my office ! How about doing it in 4 weeks? Now THAT's a holiday !

Now Francois, you know we Americans like to rush our relaxation.

Francois,

1000 Miles in 4 weeks? Most of the Bikers from across the pond want more miles? What am I missing? its about 200 miles a day. Which is to many for some ,To Much for others ,and just right for a few.

Francois_Dumas

200 miles a day is hard work in many places in Europe. Of course riding just straight ahead it's easy :rofl:

I was more referring to taking in the sights, visiting things, enjoying good food and such is more 'my' style...... it requires less miles, less speed, more attention, more time.

Difference between an 'Autobahn' riding holiday and a 'sightseeing' holiday I guess.

Understand We average about 30 miles per hour and we do stop and see the best things to see on the way. The roads are all backroads that I would say are pretty similar to The Highlands in Scotland. We have all Europeans scheduled this year and they really seems to love it. I hope you will consider it so we can change your mind!

RichEdwards

Actually, the AutoTrain finishes at Lorton, Virginia, a nice suburban town (which is about 25 miles from DC.) Getting off a train and unloading and then riding a bike in Washington, DC would not be a pleasant experience.

That's the truth Riding in DC is a nightmare! A Limousine picks up the group and takes them site seeing in DC for about 3 hours while the bikes and gear are staged at the train station. So your riding is only out of lorton and then all back roads.

Francois_Dumas
I hope you will consider it so we can change your mind!

LOL. I run my own little touring company. I'll do tours with others when I retire I guess. Plans for now are when I turn 78, health willing.

I sent you a PM.

Please remember most Americans only get 2 weeks vacation and many will not take more than a week at a time. That was one thing I had to get used to when I moved here from the UK where I had 5 weeks vacation and would always take 2 weeks together.

LOL. I run my own little touring company. I'll do tours with others when I retire I guess. Plans for now are when I turn 78, health willing.

I sent you a PM.

I'm surprised to see a critical response to the OP's post from someone else who does tours. Seems like a conflict of interest....

On the other hand, the more responses to this thread, the more free advertising mileage the OP gets out of his announcement... :thumbsup:

Francois_Dumas

I sent you a PM.

I'm surprised to see a critical response to the OP's post from someone else who does tours. Seems like a conflict of interest....

On the other hand, the more responses to this thread, the more free advertising mileage the OP gets out of his announcement... :thumbsup:

I am fine with either.

First Class Motorcycle Tours has just teamed up with Amtrak (Auto Train) to bring a new tour to BMW motorcycle enthusiasts.

Wouldn't you be better off advertizing your services on the other continent? I'm know it has happened and those numbers are few, but why would anyone take an organized tour on a continent they live on?

Finding all the great roads and hidden treasures is all part of the fun of planning your own personalized tour. I tour overseas. The riders I came across are quite surprised how well I know an area I don't even live in; far better than they know the area.

Chris,

We get riders from both sides of the pond, As someone said upline in the posting most people only have so much time for their vacation. We hire locals from the diffrent areas to show us the best backroads, history, great stuff and more of each small area that we travel through. What this does is let's the people on vacation get the best of each area we travel through without having to do the "Wonder if this works deal" We have had many people that have done it by themselves for years and tried it one time with us and have come back time and time again. We have about 70% repeat clients in our first 3 years of business.

But it sounds like you spend alot of time reasearching the places you go. Isn't time money?

But it sounds like you spend alot of time researching the places you go. Isn't time money?

Time is only worth money when I'm at work. Most people don't get paid for their time at home.

I do my researching over dinner the night before by just looking at detailed maps. Don't confuse a AAA map or similar to a Freytag & Berndt or Michelin road map. The European maps I buy are highly detailed which is why I get to ride the roads tour companies don't take you locals on or even know about. ;)

Chris,

Its sounds like you know what is best for you. I wish you the best of luck and be safe on your rides.

Russ

Francois_Dumas
The European maps I buy are highly detailed which is why I get to ride the roads tour companies don't take you locals on or even know about. ;)

Errrrmm.. you want to make that 'some' tour companies ;)

But I agree.... planning trips is half the fun. Getting paid to do it just adds to that even more :D

Francois,

Don't forget about the great people that you get the chance to meet becasue of a Organized Planned Event! I can honestly say I am thrilled for the freinds I have made though our tours.

Waynesville_Wayne

I watched the video at Russ's site and that tour looks impressive. He's obviously put a lot of effort into making it a great experience, it's the kind of thing my wife would just love. I've toured independently, led tours, and done a tour or two with groups. There's something to be said for each, you get a different experience depending on your perspective.

One thing I have learned is the value of having a guide if you want to get the most out of visiting an area you're not familiar with. I've made a few trips to Europe and often seek out someone to show me around. You get so much more with someone who's been there before, knows those little hidden treasures, helps you make the most of your time, and adds the tidbits of local knowledge and lore.

The European maps I buy are highly detailed which is why I get to ride the roads tour companies don't take you locals on or even know about. ;)

Errrrmm.. you want to make that 'some' tour companies ;)

Nahhh, ALL touring companies. ;)

Francois,

Don't forget about the great people that you get the chance to meet becasue of a Organized Planned Event! I can honestly say I am thrilled for the freinds I have made though our tours.

Far better are the friends that I've met along my self-guided tours...the people that live there and that I've known for many years now. You get a far different perspective and experience from talking to people that aren't from where you are.

Chris,

As I have said. You know what's best for you ,and I wish you the best. The only question I have for you is, have you EVER ,let anyone else give you any advise that was able to change your mind. Please rememeber I am not trying to be short with you but our customers and more importantly our past customers speak for us. Try us YOU will be a changed rider. Call me personally I will make you a deal of a life time. All I ask is that you give a honest opinon after the ride! If you are interested our my number is on the website..

Matts_12GS

Is this really an appropriate place for this kind of commercial message?

Seems there used to be rules about this some place.

Is this really an appropriate place for this kind of commercial message?

Seems there used to be rules about this some place.

Matt, I think most of us are getting a kick out of finding out, for the first time,

1. that there are roads that the locals don't know about.

2. Francois likes to stop and take pictures.

3. some people know best/better

4. Francois at 78? Is that a Metric 78? :P 48.466 years old?

5. Be careful what you wish for as you might get it.

:lurk:

Below is Section 10 from this sites rules of etiquette.

10. If you own or are part of a motorcycle related, commercial enterprise you may make a one time announcement to the board. After that you may put a link in your signature line as your only reference to your business.

So can we please get back to Talking about Riding! LOL

Chris,

Try us YOU will be a changed rider.

Trust me Russ, organized tours, even tours in groups of two or three motorcycles with friends isn't for me.

I also like the satisfaction of having done it all on my own. Those guys going off to far away places on an organized tour...well I have my own opinion...poseurs, I say.

Below is Section 10 from this sites rules of etiquette.

10. If you own or are part of a motorcycle related, commercial enterprise you may make a one time announcement to the board. After that you may put a link in your signature line as your only reference to your business.

So can we please get back to Talking about Riding! LOL

As Russ says, we allow one announcement plus specific replies to specific questions. So far this thread is within those rules.

Having just got home from a 2800 mile 9-day tour of the UK (tale to follow) I can attest that in Europe it is hard to cover mileage. My 300+ mile days took 9 - 10 hours on average, including meal/fuel stops. This was a ride-and-meet tour, where a small group of us met at some specific landmarks during the day and at the same campsites at night, riding individually between times. We each planned our own routes/stops etc.

Andy

Bheckel169

And I was just going to announce a new tour company here in North Carolina. It will be called, What the **** Tours and will be based on no preconceived idea where we are going until the night before and then maybe, not even then. The marketing concept is to just ride along with the idea that it's likely you'll get somewhere if you continue riding so long as there is gas in the tank. For those of you interested in the thrill of missed roads, drive by historical markers and landmarks at 60 mph, "no outlet" signs and end of pavement warnings as well as back roads that lead to singlewides and not so friendly chained up pit bulls in the front yard, then I've got a trip of a lifetime for you. I guarantee I'll beat any tour package price out there and every food stop will be a gourmand's delight with the highlight of the tour singling out the best of the pulled pork eateries. Sorry, no website is available to sign up. Just pm me and when I have 75 people ready to go we'll head out for the back and beyond. Appalachia has never been more interesting this way!

Bruce

And I was just going to announce a new tour company here in North Carolina. It will be called, What the **** Tours and will be based on no preconceived idea where we are going until the night before and then maybe, not even then. The marketing concept is to just ride along with the idea that it's likely you'll get somewhere if you continue riding so long as there is gas in the tank. For those of you interested in the thrill of missed roads, drive by historical markers and landmarks at 60 mph, "no outlet" signs and end of pavement warnings as well as back roads that lead to singlewides and not so friendly chained up pit bulls in the front yard, then I've got a trip of a lifetime for you. I guarantee I'll beat any tour package price out there and every food stop will be a gourmand's delight with the highlight of the tour singling out the best of the pulled pork eateries. Sorry, no website is available to sign up. Just pm me and when I have 75 people ready to go we'll head out for the back and beyond. Appalachia has never been more interesting this way!

Bruce

Sounds like MY kind of tour. :thumbsup:

How much are you paying your customers to participate. :rofl:

Bheckel169

And for you Jeepster, a bonus. There will be target shooting from the back of your bike. No sign is too small or too important.

Bruce

Matts_12GS

Bruce

That's called the BRR! :rofl:

Bruce, Great so you have been on one our rides! LOL. I could't have put it better. Sorry I have been away from the board I've been working! I am going to look at the shooting from the back seat part or even better from the train. I'll call them today and see what we can put together on that. I will let everyone know what I find out. (This is a Joke ,for those that cant/dont get it you cant shoot guns from the train) Bikes however are another story!

Glad to see we still have humor. I was wondering.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...
Tour de BMW Force

We did a ride with some folks our Iceland and it was great. It changed my idea of riding without the experiences of the locals to fill in the holes. This looks interesting has anyone done a ride with these guys? I always wonder about testimonials on websites if they are real or not. :S

Big Dan

2003 K1200LT

Maryland

Big Dan ,

I cant discuss what we do on the forum bowever if you would like to call or email me I would be happy to give you more insight into what we do and some of our past cleints.

Russ

Archived