IGNORED

1200RT bar risers

Fenlanderstrasse

Yep, running a set on my R12RT now

I'm curious. How do these compare in function and price to the ones now offered for $70 by Suburban Machinery?

I believe the 11XXRT risers bring the bars back 1 inch and up 1 inch. So at least it leaves an option if someone wants them up but not back as far.

I also got mine from my dealer used and have looked on them but can not find any manufacturer name. They were on a traded in 1150RT. They are 1" up and 1" back. When full lock left or right the turn signal buttons get close to the tank area but there is no contact. Using these relieved the pain I was getting between my shoulders. photo attached

Rich

553283-risers.JPG.31c4ac7d59e3bbfb0d1f2ce920b8698d.JPG

Fenlanderstrasse

Thanks for the replies - I had found the Suburban-machinery ones and the Moto-techniques on the web. It seems that the Suburbans are neater, but less pull back, while the Moto-techniques give an option of reach, but not quite as neat. Now I know they will fit the 1200 as well, so I'll go for those.

the Moto-techniques give an option of reach, but not quite as neat. Now I know they will fit the 1200 as well, so I'll go for those.

I think I've reached the same conclusion about the bar-backs, but will probably go for the Suburban Machinery foot-peg kit. Too bad you can't try these things on without buying them!

Did you install yourself? If so, is there a specific torque you need to tighten the screws? I am thinking of adding this to my 05 R12T

Thanks for the info, I will get them for my RT. Have you done anything with the rear fender? I don't have the rear fender extender and there are holes exposed I presume are for the European license tags. I have seen a rear fender logo plate you can put there to display BMW roundel.

One thing you might want to do before you mount the risers is to put the risers on the handlebars and run the 4 bolts in first. I noticed 1 of the bolts on each side stuck out past the plate a little bit and made a round circle mark on the triple tree plate. I dont think it was enough to keep the bolt from tightening all the way but wasnt sure. I ground that one bolt a bit to keep it a little shorter then the riser block.

Rich

Archived