IGNORED

BMW R1200RT GPS Mount

mrkolivers

Can someone post a picture of the BMW GPS mount that mounts between the handlebars. How does it affect using a tank bag?

Thanks

Dennis

I don't know about a genuine BMW mount but this one I built should be similar, My screen is 2" above the tank and about even with where the tank angles down. So it would depend on the size and position of your tank bag.

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

If you click on the link in my signature there are a couple of photos there...not sure if that is what you are looking for, but it is something to think about.

Jim

Does the GPS vibrate very much using a long ram mount arm? Do you make these and if so how much do they cost?

Thanks

Dennis

I have had great luck with the mount Jakfrost sells. I have had mine in use for a 1 1/2 years with no issues. I use a Zumo 550 and a short Ram Arm. Very sturdy with no vibrations or loosening. I would guess a longer arm will be similarly sturdy. No problems with the touch screen while riding. I rate his mount as clean, simple, and sturdy.

I have mine on a BMR shelf and it vibrates alot, it actualy broke the little piece of plastic on my 2610 that locks it onto the garmin motorcycle mount. I would recomend something other than what I have, and have been leaning twords the Touratech stuff myself.

I have mine on a BMR shelf and it vibrates alot, it actualy broke the little piece of plastic on my 2610 that locks it onto the garmin motorcycle mount. I would recomend something other than what I have, and have been leaning twords the Touratech stuff myself.

I've got the BMR, mine is rock solid. There are two different mounts, I have the adjustable version, it is very robust.

You would not happen to have a pic of the mount would you? I'm open to just about anything as I have mine zip tied on at the moment, and need to get it remedied soon. I found a ram mount for around 35 bucks that may work also.

Does the GPS vibrate very much using a long ram mount arm? Do you make these and if so how much do they cost?

Thanks

Dennis

I've got a Garmin 276C attached to a 3-inch RAM arm, which is in turn attached to a RAM ball on a mount affixed to the clutch cover on my R12RT. There is no noticeable vibration whatsoever.

No pic, but my experience with the 1200RT tells me that if you locate the GPS in the handlebar area you will either block part of the diver display, or have a hard time seeing the screen using the stock tank bag. Consider a mount that is more at eye level...

nbooth, that might depend on the seat height & how a person sits.. I have my Zumo mounted there & can see the entire GPS screen over the tank bag & don’t block any of the dash computer screen.. It’s a small window to mount in but I have no issues there..

The good part of mounting there is no sun reflection on the GPS screen from the rear to wash out the GPS screen..

Twisty

Fightingpiper

I have mine mounted on the clutch cover. Its easy to see and really easy to reach. It also does not block any view of the dash mounted there. I always ride with the tank bag and don't like to have reach over it just to adjust volume, change songs, take a phone call, make a phone call, enter a new address, etc.....

I hated the location the BMW mount put on the bike. I tried the clutch cover option, but hated that too. I ended up with the Migsel mount and it put the GPS right where I wanted it, just above the gauges and yet out of my line of sight. I also didn't have to install a shelf just for the GPS. You might look into the Migsel mount.

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...
Can someone post a picture of the BMW GPS mount that mounts between the handlebars. How does it affect using a tank bag?

Thanks

Dennis

Are you asking about the OEM BMW NAV III GPS cradle? I have one, and it does not affect the operation of MY tank bag, which is NOT a BMW tank bag. I think I can find a photo of my NAV III cradle, please let me know if that's what you want to see................

Archived