IGNORED

Kriega US-5 Drypack on R1200RT

AZBMW

Hi all,

I sell Kriega products as the importer and distributor...... let me get that out of the way and up front. This is not a sales pitch but a "found a great use for".....

I am 6'5', 300# and cannot stand the BMW RT tankbag, It is too big and in the way. If you love it.....great. I have tried a few options, but I had a brain storm with our own product. The Kriega US-5 is a waterproof fender pack or add on pack for rucksacks (thats backpacks in US). It has two straps that surprisingly match up to the tankbag adapter on the RT. The larger dry bags (US-10 & US-20) from Kriega also fit, but I found they interfered with handles and radio controls when you turned sharply.

The US-5 does not come standard with a snap buckles on both sides. So I modified it by taking a larger Kriega buckle strap and a double female buckle adapter to make the one side more accessible. This way you can snap open the strap and lift the one side for fueling.

The US-5 is a roll top waterproof bag with a top zippered pouch. Great for glasses, garage door openers, ipods, VIO digital recorders, etc. It is 5 liters big.

Neither www.Kriega.us or www.matrixmotosports.com sells this set up with the extra buckles or strap. As the business owner and a member of this forum, I am glad to offer it to members. If you want one, send me a PM or call me 480-390-7400 and I'll make a kit for you. The standard US-5 is $47. I'll do these special kits for $50 and include shipping anywhere in USA and maybe a couple added dollars of shipping for our northern friends or elsewhere.

Here are some shots on my RT and one on a tank adapter they sell for other bikes: (yes, I know the bike is dirty, it was a very windy day in AZ)

509781905_QtDuz-M.jpg

509781320_Mxufo-M.jpg

509782533_SqgAL-M.jpg

509779005_wSvo8-M.jpg

• 10 years later...

hi,

saw this post and it struck a note with me as im sorting out how to fit my 5lt kriega to my tank at the moment and im thinking along the same lines of you, however i cant seem to access your pictures!

I do agree the Kriega 5lt seems a perfect solution to a small quality tank bag.