IGNORED

Replacement heads for R-90

camekanix

Hi all,

I have a 76 R-90/6 that needs heads. They were badley damaged by the club fisted mutant who was replacing the valve guides. I have heard that heads from other models from R-75 on up will bolt right up but I am skeptical. Anyone out there have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for any input :wave:

It wouldn't make sense for an R75 head to work on an R90, as the bores are different. And so are the part numbers.

Check with Beemer Boneyard, maybe they can help with replacements.

Linky

valve sizes might be different as well. If I'm not mistaken the intake valve diameter is 2mm larger on a R90 than a R75. And as mentioned, the bores are different.

rpg

• 2 weeks later...

The original castings MIGHT be the same, but the factory machine work to create the compression dome, etc. will be different. Used to own a R90/6 (great bike!) and it is a bit unique for engine parts. You can probably swap up to 1000cc jugs, slugs, and heads, and forever have tons of used parts available.

Good luck!

Don

OH! Good to know. All my serious engine work was on post-1981 bikes, which are almost all interchangable pieces. R80ST one day, R100ST the next, and so on.

Don

Archived