MUST BE A RECORD LOW

italiano

In mexico city traffic, i get 32 mpg!!! at a average speed of 24.4 miles/h.

This is my frist week on my Rt1200 in city traffic.

Is this correct??

on backroads i get at least 50 mpg

There are some cars in mexico that can get more than that. (hiunday athos, the motor is smaller than the rt but the weight is much more).

Nothing is worse than slow, stop and go traffic for mileage for just about everything but an electric hybrid.

It sounds low, but probably isn't unusual.

Dave in Doodah

Also, it's like weighing yourself every morning... you can't get too hung up on the discreet data points or you will 'ride' yourself nuts... one tank of gas will not tell you much, in my opinion.

Also, if you were worried about mileage, maybe you should have bought a Vespa. I just know my R1150 gets almost 10 mpg more than my old R100. And rides 100 times better. How'd they do that????

In mexico city traffic, i get 32 mpg!!! at a average speed of 24.4 miles/h.

This is my frist week on my Rt1200 in city traffic.

Is this correct??

on backroads i get at least 50 mpg

There are some cars in mexico that can get more than that. (hiunday athos, the motor is smaller than the rt but the weight is much more).

Ditto with other comments. The Mex City gas may have an effect as well.

I've been to Mexico City, the traffic make LA look like a breeze! That would sound about correct with the stop and go, and the go like heck to not get run over! That along with the somewhat porer quality fuel in Mexico could get you down that low, heck I've been down to 35 here in the states after reseting the computer and doing city driving in Las Vegas(it's kinda like Mexico City here when you get near down town)so I would not worry much. As far a cars getting better milage, we have alot of smaller cars here in the states that get high 40's on the highway also. The difference is that the people driving them are not enjoying thier commute nearly as much as we are on our bikes! I for one am quite ok with getting a bit less fuel economy and having the big BMW smile on my face!

Yes i used to have a c1 200, i think it never made the states, i used for more than 5 years an i get more than 60 mpg. But.....

I just buy a new GS ADV (i can not refuse the big incentives on the 2008 price

It cost only $ 12,000 usd) and in my apartment i can only have 2 motorcycles, so i sold the c1 200.

My wife use a Vespa but i do not come close to the c1 (almost a car).

Sorry i do not know how to put a foto to show the motorcycle with the roof.

An yes with the 6600 feet of altitude in Mexico city we get 22% les power on non turbo engines and i think 10% less fuel eficiency.

I can play this game. I got 31 mpg once, but for the opposite reason. I rode from Casa Grande, AZ to Yuma, AZ (186 miles) in 1h45m.

:thumbsup:

You need a 250cc m/c for that kind of traffic. Mexico City sounds like Bangkok to me.

Probably not all that crazy for traffic riding. My R1150RT-P is getting me about 30mpg and my commute is about 22km (14mi), 1/3 twisty road, 1/3 straight with some lights and the rest in urban lights etc, top speed about 65km/h (40mph-ish). Plus, if I can have fun, I will, because it's way to much fun! I don't think an 1130cc, 600-lb bike is likely to be the best choice for a commuter. But I love my bike...

I can sympathize. I live in the Boston area and just started a new job in a neighboring city. Real slow slog through heavy local traffic. morning temps in the low 20's; grips, seat, and heated jacket all on. Average speed for the round trip commute; approx 18 mph, gas mileage at 26 - 27 mpg. Ouch.

Archived