IGNORED

K1300R

kinchy

Been looking to replace the Road King. Although this new bike may require some "comfort farkles" I sense it might be a perfect alternative to riding the RT when one feels the need for speed. Is anyone aware of the cost of said scooter?

Not sure on cost, but I rode a K1200R when I was checking out my RT and I liked it too much! If I got one I'd have to go directly to the DMV and surrender my licence, they'd be taking it in a week or so anyway so I'd save them the hassle! :grin: Nice bike and not all that uncomfortable actualy, but I have not seen one with bags on it hence me having the RT.

That's interesting about the K1300R not coming to the U.S, as there's one sitting on the showroom floor at my local dealer (and we're a much smaller market up here).

Canada usually receives everything that is available in Europe, as Canada does not ask for anything special or different. As the USA requires some modifications/additions to the bikes and special certification, on some low volume models BMW considers it is not worth the trouble/cost to do it.

Which is why their R RS bikes continued to resemble the RSL after ours lost the lower fairing, why they got an '05 GT, and now this.

Probably explains the beer too. :P

I really really wanted to like the K1200R. Thought it would be the perfect hooligan bike for me. It had just the right naked muscle look. But the seating position soured me so completely I never even wanted a test ride to feel the handling that reviewers complained about.

Archived