IGNORED

Tire mounting/Cliff's

Dundee387

Does anyone know if it's generally accepted to ship motorcycle tires directly to a dealer, so they can mount them when the bike is in for service?

Anyone done this at Cliff's in CT? They're closed this weekend and I need to order tires now, to have them there in time. If I wait till Tues. to ask them, it'll be too late..

Thanks..

Joe Frickin' Friday

Many dealers refuse to mount tires you purchased elsewhere.

If you know for certain they'll do the job, hopefully someone here can tell you whether they won't be fazed when a set of tires gets delivered with a strange name on them. If you can't find out for sure, I wouldn't ship tires somewhere without giving them a heads-up first.

I change my own. Had a poor experience at Cycle Gear in Manchester (had to come back the NEXT day to p/u the tire on my rim???), and Cliff's is too far.

May 2nd tech daze is a good time to change tires.

May 2nd tech daze is a good time to change tires.

:rofl:

Seriously, most dealers will charge you a mounting fee that would be about the margin they'd make if they sold you the tire. Go with what Woodie said. It's like dinner and a show.

Had a poor experience at Cycle Gear in Manchester (had to come back the NEXT day to p/u the tire on my rim???)

What does p/u mean?

I'm guessing Pick UP

Dave

Right. It's the only place I've been that doesn't do tire mounting while you wait. I had to drive up with the wheel/old tire and drop it off, then drive back the next day to pick up the new tire on the wheel. (~35 minutes each way)

For a 15-30 minute process (while I browse around their store), I had to make two completely separate round-trips. Never again, and I won't buy tires from them anymore.

Archived