IGNORED

Pillion isntructions in Spanish

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Anyone got 'em? I met a little Seniorita that wants to go for a ride. Only speaks English as second language.

Sounds like you got a birthday present. Riding with a senorita would be for me - not only now, let's say 40 years ago.

Seriously: If she is new to riding, some basic rules: Don't get on or off without you knowing. When you stop, her feet stay on the pegs. Ina left turn look over your left shoulder, in a right turn over your right shoulder. That should get her started. Should be easy to tell even in second language English. To tell in Spanish, I would have to be there in person :grin:

OK,

Let her read this:

"La moto tiene que inclinarse para dar vuelta. No te asustes, es normal. Tu debes pretender ser parte de la moto y no cambiar tu peso de lugar, asi yo podre controlarla igual que si yo anduviera solo." (The bike must lean to turn. Don't be afraid, it's normal. You must pretend to be part of the bike and not shift your weight, this way I'll be able to control it as if I was by my self).

"Espera a que yo este estable antes de subirte, yo te dire cuando"- (wait for me to be stable before getting on, I'll tell you when)

(Say "Subete" when you are ready for her to get on; "Espera" to tell her to wait.)

"Pon los pies en los estribos siempre, nunca los bajes para nada" - (Place your feet on pegs always, never put them down in any case)

"Manten tu espalda recargada en el respaldo, inclinate con la moto" - (Keep your back against the back rest, lean with the bike)

"Al voltear a la derecha, mira sobre mi hombro derecho; al voltear a la izquierda, mira sobre mi hombro izquierdo" - (When turning right, look over my right shoulder; when turning left, look over my left shoulder)

If you have any more questions let me know.

You may tell her to squeeze you as hard as you want, but I'll leave it up to you to convey the idea.

Tell her "Te ves hermosa con casco"(you look gorgeous with a helmet) Good mileage... ;)

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Thanks Paul. Now I just need a transaltion on that. We manage to stumble through some other things, but I wanted to make sure that these are very, very clear.

Those are some good directions! If I was single and partying with my friends I'd have to get those done in vinyl and put them on the back of my helmet.

Nice, Polo!

I especially like the "You look gorgeous in that helmet" line!

Have fun Butters! And remember, when it gets hot out there in the desert, you've always got a cool and beautiful destination in San Diego for a week-end getaway!

Nice, Polo!

I especially like the "You look gorgeous in that helmet" line!

Have fun Butters! And remember, when it gets hot out there in the desert, you've always got a cool and beautiful destination in San Diego for a week-end getaway!

:thumbsup:

Do not use Polo's phrasing. He actually says, translated loosely, "Congratulations. You're the 37th woman who's been stupid enough to ride with me. For some strange reason not yet evident, we never seem to have another date after "the ride" is over...."

I could go on, but you get the idea. I'm your friend and I hate to see you fall into this freshmen Spanish trick thingy.

Nice n Easy Rider
Do not use Polo's phrasing. He actually says, translated loosely, "Congratulations. You're the 37th woman who's been stupid enough to ride with me. For some strange reason not yet evident, we never seem to have another date after "the ride" is over...."

I could go on, but you get the idea. I'm your friend and I hate to see you fall into this freshmen Spanish trick thingy.

That's OK. The lovely senorita was really saying to Paul:

"Senor, you have a lovely and valuable bike. I'd like to lure you out into the countryside where my boyfriend and his three amigos can mug you and we can steal your bike to sell in Mexico."

:grin:

Don't forget that he needs to understand her too.

Faster.

Is this all she'll do?

Is this thing on?

I need to go to the bathroom.

Bartender, make mine a double.

Do you have any other friends who ride?

Maybe richer and better looking? :grin:

Hey David, I think you should limit your posts to talk about your trips and show nice photos. Your Spanish is a tad rusty... :S

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Hey David, I think you should limit your posts to talk about your trips and show nice photos. Your Spanish is a tad rusty... :S

Okay,maybe I'm glad I missed Polo's post, not sure. :) Anyway it was a great ride, great weekend (as you might have figured by my absence from here) , and the communication was much better than I expected. I was actually stunned when I gave her a helemet and she had no problem buckling it up. Claims she only rode once before, but has a history with horses. The strap mechanism on an equestrian helmet must be the same.

All- Thanks for the funnies and support. You may have seen her on the,"I hate Mondays " thread. Looks like we will be hanging out togrther for a while. :thumbsup:

Archived