IGNORED

rollin, rollin, rollin...

Matts_12GS

Went to bed last night thinking he's got it made. :thumbsup: WOW! 15 minutes to spare, that's something you'll not forget about tomorrow. Congrats Matt, that is so cool!

Pat

I was kinda lookin forward to him tryin this again in a couple days.

:grin:

Good job Diane!!!

Congrats Matt!!!!!

We'll keep your room reserved for the return trip.

What a team you guys are... Outstanding.

that was more thrilling than any of the movies they talked about last night... Can I buy the movie rights? I'll buy a beer, ok, two beers, to pay for it.

A hearty Well Done to Matt, Dianne and all of you who stepped up to help. I repeat myself pretty often on this but you people ROCK!

Matt must be unconscious at his hotel now but he'll be here later for the party and overnighting as well.

Wonderful work everyone!

Matt is up and about. He is looking forward to this evening!

I heard all the drama including how roadscholar told him to keep the speed down, because he could not afford a ticket time wise, and as soon as he got out on the highway, a sheriff was sitting in the median. He was not pulled over, and no special driving certificate was issued.

I heard all the drama including how roadscholar told him to keep the speed down, because he could not afford a ticket time wise, and as soon as he got out on the highway, a sheriff was sitting in the median.

Prolly takin a nap.....which was good for the cause.. :thumbsup:

I've heard of Drama Queens, but this is my first experience with a "Drama King". :grin:

Glad things worked out. :thumbsup:

He is no king, more like a prince.

prince.jpg

I've heard of Drama Queens, but this is my first experience with a "Drama King". :grin:

prince.jpg

That "Prince" is more like a "QUEEN"

prince.jpg

Hey Phil, I thought you gave up that Tiger Beat subscription. I noticed Jaime had taken all your pictures down last time we were there. Did you sneak them back up? :grin:

Hey Phil, I thought you gave up that Tiger Beat subscription. I noticed Jaime had taken all your pictures down last time we were there. Did you sneak them back up? :grin:

I thought it was a photo of the bathroom mirror... :rofl:

Great goin' Matt! Had me worried when I reviewed in the am around 5ish and no posts! I'm saying... Did he make it? all day long. Kudos and a big BZ to all!

Enjoy the Party!

Bob

Nice job by the "team" (Dianne and Matt) and all others who chipped in..

Good stuff Matt! I too went to bed thinkin' ya had it in the bag. It ain't over till it's over, man.. :P

Just proves how VERY important the first 1/2 of the trip was...probably thought you had time to spare. :grin: NOT!!! :dopeslap:

Congrats.

MB>

Good job Matt!

I tried calling you (in case you were wondering who the 770 number was) at some point but all I could here was conservative talk radio in the background :grin:

Glad you made it!

What we need NOW is the beginning of a Ride Tale to hold us over until Matt returns home. OK, how about giving the boy some quiet time on that 'puter before he heads east again? Some of us are waiting to hear what failed and what was fixed in the not so populated community of Gila Bend...

:lurk:

Jeff

"Behind every good man...." :thumbsup:

Is a surprised mother in law...

Folks, I've not looked at the thread until just now. I've been a little overwhelmed with it all.

First and foremost, Danny, Calvin, Bernie you guys are great for getting up and seeing me off in that weather. It was so cold, I think Calvin even had socks on!

Thanks for the phone calls along the way, I didn't hear them all or sound well thanks to TX cross winds and an some autocom adjustments I need to make. The calls and support were tremendous!

Thanks to Limecreek, Tallman and JohnLT for the weather reports, they were spot on!

Whip and Mrs. Whip... You guys are the coolest! I'm thankful for the chance to meet and stay with you guys along the way. Thanks for everything, I'm looking forward to catching you again on Thursday.

I can't say enough about everyone coming together to help in the tire incident. All the help, support and creative suggestions thrown in to help get this together and get me back on the road. The cumulative experiences of tech days, tire changing, and everything else came right out at that point.

As an aside, I went ahead and bought some piece of mind in a new tire yesterday. And had them replace the stem again. Jamie even gave me a couple spares for a keepsake!

Lastly, as I set off on the rest of this adventure, I want to thank Leslie and Jamie. Opening their home and putting together the party last night was humbling and tremendous fun. I cannot thank all you enough.

Now, let me get out of here and go see some more of this country. I'll read the whole thread once I get home.

What we need NOW is the beginning of a Ride Tale to hold us over until Matt returns home. OK, how about giving the boy some quiet time on that 'puter before he heads east again? Some of us are waiting to hear what failed and what was fixed in the not so populated community of Gila Bend...

:lurk:

Jeff

You got it Jeff!

Here's your teaser appetizer: "Matt's 'Under Pressure' Tour"! :grin:

I assume we will see you here sometime tonight?

Hey - that is still his plan as far as I know. I talked to him an hour ago, and he was still meandering around out yonder.

471643138_UKT6k-S.jpg

First Danny steals Dianne's helmet, now Matt steals mine. WTH!?!?!?

Looky here gtBoy...

I've had that helmet since 11/2007...

Can't you or Danny do anything without me and Dianne? Sheesh!

Missed you whilst I was hanging around the OBeachians!

Did he mention which fuse blew or what the electrical problem was? I'm always a little suspect when a fuse blows; something made it blow.

Could be the heated gloves I gave him........... :rofl:

Actually, it was...

I had the gloves and cell phone charger plugged into the two accessory sockets. I got cold and cranked the gloves up and next thing I know there's no turn signals, accessory power or windscreen motor.

Being from FL, I can deal with the turn signal thing, I mean, they were an option on my truck!

Did he mention which fuse blew or what the electrical problem was? I'm always a little suspect when a fuse blows; something made it blow.

Could be the heated gloves I gave him........... :rofl:

Actually, it was...

I had the gloves and cell phone charger plugged into the two accessory sockets. I got cold and cranked the gloves up and next thing I know there's no turn signals, accessory power or windscreen motor.

Being from FL, I can deal with the turn signal thing, I mean, they were an option on my truck!

Sorry Danny, you told me to get a fuse to blow so he would quit.(Does that mean I have to give ya back that $20??)

Your backup plan almost worked. No way you coulda foreseen bribery.

He'll be here tomorrow night, maybe you can come up with somethin better. (I already spent the $20)

:dopeslap:

That's okay, Whip. My evil plan worked anyway.

I still beat him by forty-five minutes, road side nap, & all. :grin:

I can keep the $20??????

Good!!!

I don't wanna have to take back that video. It was embarrassing enough goin in there the first time.

:rofl:

That's okay, Whip. My evil plan worked anyway.

I still beat him by forty-five minutes, road side nap, & all. :grin:

I can keep the $20??????

Good!!!

I don't wanna have to take back that video. It was embarrassing enough goin in there the first time.

:rofl:

Dammit you two! I'm TRYIN' to drink my coffee . . . now I gotta go get another paper towel. :rofl:

Archived