IGNORED

rollin, rollin, rollin...

Matts_12GS

Tom's about an hour away.

He has an RT in the garage....in pieces.

Will his wheel work?????

I bet Tim(10vr) could come up with somethin.

Tom's is an 1150 and Matt is on a 1100. different wheels I think! :mad:

Got a guy in Buckeye with a stem puller and other tools but no stem. Tom thinks he's got a stem and is looking while also calling Chris Olson (west PHX) to see what he's got. Just talked to Matt and he's holding up.

"GSGeorge" moved to Buckeye from CA last year, but my cell phone # for him is now dead and Les just checked: George hasn't been on the DB for almost a year. :(

Frustrating . . . to get so close! :dopeslap:

Tom's is an 1150 and Matt is on a 1100. different wheels I think! :mad:

You can do a mod with an older K-RS wheel if you pull the spacer, but I don't know of anyone with an old K-RS in that area anymore either--AZAl's "Red-headed Mistress" is now living in Germany. :(

Tom's also about 80 miles away from Gila Bend so even if he has all the parts and tools it would be awfully close!

No joy. There just isn't time for me to get there and for us to fix it. I woke a few folks up but even if the moon had aligned and I had jumped on the GT to get there, it is at least 90 minutes and closer to 2 hours from my house to where Matt is. Not even Leslie could have made it in time.

we are still working this and might have a solution!

Matt called a guy from the tire shop, and once he found out what the real story was, he thinks he might be able to help. He is on his way with what Matt needs (hopefully). Matt is gasing up and pulling the tire off the bike. The guy is supposed to be there in 15 minutes. If all goes well, he could be back on the road in no time. At this moment, he still has a 2 hour window!

will let you know what I find out.

All he needs is an automtive type tire machine. It's the rear wheel, they just need to break the bead and put a stem in. He talked to a guy that didn't want to mess with it (I told him to offer him 50 bucks :grin:) probably cause he was afraid of bending a spoke wheel. Matt was gonna call him back. He's still got about an hour window.

I was being conservative :grin:

Hi everyone!

Here is good news for you! Matt has the tire fixed, and is putting it on the bike now. He will be on the road quickly! :clap:

He has 4.5 hours to go about 300 miles.

Jamie, He said he would see you guys at the hotel to do the certification.

He is going to need a new tire before heading back home. somehow, I think someone out there can help with that.

Wait about 30 minutes before calling, to give him time to get going and settle down.

He has 4.5 hours to go about 300 miles.

Hmmm . . . that's a total average of 67 mph. There's not much on the I-8 between here and there so he could make good time, but the mountains to the east can slow him down a bit--especially if it's windy. Leslie just checked the weather: predicted light wind and a low of about 41* F--at least it's done raining!! His time stops at the gas station in Ocean Beach and he's got 24 hours to get a witness so we can sign him off here at the house tomorrow after he's rested up.

Go Matt, GO!!!!!

( . . . and be safe! :thumbsup: )

Just tried him at 11:25 PST: four rings then to Voice Mail. We're heading to bed but I'll keep the cell phone on the night stand . . . just in case. I'm sure I'll be reading of his successful completion in the morning! :clap:

Nice n Easy Rider

Matt,

Congratulations on a fantastic ride (and adventure). Enjoy your rest and have a safe (and more leisurely) ride home.

He was calm and collected throughout the tire debacle.

Nice job Matt, congratulations!!!

Trust me I was nervous and worried enough for both of us. Thanks to some guys named Fred in Gila Bend, I found the Goodyear shop that was able to help. They were not listed any where on the web. A reverse look up did not even find them. Now that is small town...

Yeah Matt! :clap:

Yahooooo!!!!!! Super job by both members of the Sturgis family...talk about some team work!!! I'm gearing up for my summer trip...hope mine is a little less stressful!

Way 2 go Matt! I don't know you, but my wife and I have been rooting for you. Quite a ride, quite an ordeal.

Thanks Diane, Whip and others for keeping us abreast. (Now we can get some rest)

HE DID IT!!!

15 minutes to spare...

Diane, why does everything have to be a drama with that boy? I'm going to slap him when he gets back. :grin:

Way to go, Matt-O!!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Glad it all worked out; it would have been a shame to have come so close and not made it in time.

I had a bizarre dream last night: I was at a gas station somewhere in Arizona asking people if anyone could help Matt out in Gila Bend. Finally found one guy who understood the urgency of it and was digging all through his car trying to find the phone number of someone he knew could help :grin:

Matt, congratulations on a pretty amazing accomplishment. A SS1K is one thing, but a 50CC is a whole different rank of badass. Well done!:Cool:

Way to go Matt!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived