IGNORED

rollin, rollin, rollin...

Matts_12GS

Just spoke to Matt and gave him the weather radar report for West Texas to San Diago. He's about 20 miles out of Fort Stockton and all is going well

Just tried him at 09:15 PST. It rang a few times then connected but I couldn't hear anything on his end. I don't know if he heard me or not but I blabbered at him for a minute or so just in case! :grin:

Just tried him at 09:15 PST. It rang a few times then connected but I couldn't hear anything on his end. I don't know if he heard me or not but I blabbered at him for a minute or so just in case! :grin:

same deal as jamie. tried him twice but yapped on just in case he could hear. sounded like a fuzzy connection....maybe he's going to mars....should we check with nasa??

same deal as jamie. tried him twice but yapped on just in case he could hear. sounded like a fuzzy connection....maybe he's going to mars....should we check with nasa??

Your talkin about west Texas.........ain't nobody home.

:wave:

Just talked with Matt. He did hear his weather report. He just had to stop to replace a blown fuse. He is 850 miles from San Diego according to the magic box. He had the phone turned off this morning because of high cross winds interfering with his tunes. He should be turning the phone back on when he gets back on the road.

He is in great spirits. Thanks everyone for the support. I might be calling on you this evening to talk with him as his energy level decreases.

Love you all for this!!1

Just talked to Matt, 2:00 Eastern time he is in Van Horn, TX about 120 miles east of El Paso. All is well. Had a minor electrical problem, just a blown fuse it is fixed and he is on his way. Next gas stop will probably be Demming, NM.

478346367_qbyhn-L.jpg

471643138_UKT6k-S.jpg

First Danny steals Dianne's helmet, now Matt steals mine. WTH!?!?!?

Go Matt Go!!!!

Would loved to have been on the receiving end. Work, work, work.

Did he mention which fuse blew or what the electrical problem was? I'm always a little suspect when a fuse blows; something made it blow.

Could be the heated gloves I gave him........... :rofl:

hey san diego folks...will the tour of california bike race cause matt any traffic issues as it and he approaches your fine city?
The Tour is coming down from the north and ending in Escondido, a city almost 30 miles north of San Diego. Matt will be coming in on Interstate 8 from the east (mountains/desert) fairly late tonight so he shouldn't have any problems with traffic whatsoever.

I just tried his cell again just now and got the same connection: open line with no sound. I trust that's a good sign.

Standing by . . . . :thumbsup:

Just tried him, I could here wind noise and his music but no voice. I don't think he could he me.

Alan

I got him at 18:15 (6:15pm) Pacific Time & he was just about to cross into California.

It was hard for me to hear him but he was doing real will.

Go Matt Go!!!!!!!!

Go Matt Go.

I just talked to Matt and he has a valve stem that is leaking, he is trying to get ahold of a guy to repair the tire, with about four hours to go.

I just talked to him, he is in Jila Bend and has a valve stem "going south" Any one close enough with the know how to help? His phone is 904 631 9988...SO CLOSE!!!

Joe Frickin' Friday
Help needed. Matt is in Gila Bend AZ and has a stem going bad on his tire. We have time, but need to get resolved. thoughts?

Can someone nearby take the wheel off of their bike and bring it to him? Unless there's a tire store open right now (with the right size replacement stem), that might be the quickest fix.

MOA Anonymous book? Anyone near there with an oilhead of similar vintage? doesn't have to be an RT, just the same three-spoke cast wheel.

Help needed. Matt is in Gila Bend AZ and has a stem going bad on his tire. We have time, but need to get resolved. thoughts?
Perhaps a bad or loose valve core? No removal tool or replacement cores on board? If truly a bad valve stem, perhaps Slime (yuck)?

Jeff

Joe Frickin' Friday

From MOA ANonymous, two numbers from Goodyear (SW of phoenix, 50 mi from Gila Bend):

six two three, five three six, 0046

six two three, nine three five, 2724

I don't want to hog his cell phone, so whoever's in close contact with him (DIANE?) please relay this stuff.

Joe Frickin' Friday

I've been listing #'s for folks who indicated willingness to travel to help out. One more # from Casa Grande for someone who indicates they have truck/trailer:

five two zero, nine seven one, 9931

They don't indicate anything else, but if they're offering a truck/trailer, they may be willing to come out and bring tools/parts (up to/including a replacement wheel?).

I am sure he will make it. He should be under 300 miles at about 4 hours. Once he gets moving, he should not need another stop, and the adrenaline should now be pumping.

Was on the phone with Tom and Matt is calling. I second the slime . . . but I always travel with a bottle in the glove box.

Standing by . . . .

Tom(azkaisr) just found out about the problem.........
Yeah, problem is there's precious little in Gila Bend. :(

And while I might only be 4.5 hours from Phoenix . . . . :dopeslap:

Tom's about an hour away.

He has an RT in the garage....in pieces.

Will his wheel work?????

I bet Tim(10vr) could come up with somethin.

This musta hit when I was calling, 'bout 19:45PST, and that's why he didn't answer.

Jacqueline just told about this update... It will be interesting to see how it works out!

Good luck Matt!

Archived