IGNORED

Princeton Study about the brains of men.

Kitsap

From the article:

Brain scans revealed that when men are shown pictures of scantily clad women, the region of the brain associated with tool use lights up.

:rofl:

But Fiske doesn't think such an experiment would work the same way, because women usually react to men they desire by "interpreting their minds, thinking about what they're interested in, and then trying to please them," she said.

Now we can have the discussion about after effects from the ingredients in wedding cake.

So, they 'dehumanize' the photo by showing it cropped to hide the face, and are then surprised to find that the viewers perception of it doesn't consider the 'feelings' of a person it cannot identify? How shocking!

But Fiske doesn't think such an experiment would work the same way, because women usually react to men they desire by "interpreting their minds, thinking about what they're interested in, and then trying to please them," she said.
Uh - yeah.... Nice hypothesis, but let's see the (unbiased) study results...

Fiske reported this weekend in Chicago during the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
.They needed to spend money on a science experiment to report this finding? Where do I sign up...

Mike O

What BS.

They dehumanized the image (by decapitating the women).

I always look first at a woman's eyes.

It is through facial recognition and cultural stereotyping that we identify and affiliate.

A better methodology would compare individuals w/fantastic bodies and unattractive faces to those w/beautiful faces and unattractive bodies.

Let's not even get into voices...

There's a lot in this story that I find pretty dumb, but this kills me: After showing the male subjects photos of scantily-clad, photo-decapitated women, the researcher concluded, "This means that these men see women as sexually inviting, but they are not thinking about their minds."

This is an almost hilariously stupid study, except when you think about the fact that someone actually spent money on it . . . and it was probably us.

"This is an almost hilariously stupid study, except when you think about the fact that someone actually spent money on it . . . and it was probably us."

I didn't spend any money on it. I got it free right in this article. I'm such a tool.

Bruce

"This is an almost hilariously stupid study, except when you think about the fact that someone actually spent money on it . . . and it was probably us."

I didn't spend any money on it. I got it free right in this article. I'm such a tool.

Bruce

Just as stupid as the 90K study that tried to determine why female canaries that were taken from their mate and placed in another males cage mated with them...well DUH!!!!!!!!! :eek:

"Brain scans revealed that when men are shown pictures of scantily clad women,

the region of the brain associated with tool use lights up."

Well, duh.........

From the article:

Brain scans revealed that when men are shown pictures of scantily clad women, the region of the brain associated with tool use lights up.

:rofl:

Couldn't we just as easily conclude that men see tools as women?

A better methodology would compare individuals w/fantastic bodies and unattractive faces . . .

That's called a "butter face" someplace I used to live. :/

Pilgrim

russell_bynum

This is an almost hilariously stupid study, except when you think about the fact that someone actually spent money on it . . . and it was probably us.

Indeed.

Indeed.

Ya but at least there's some kind of stimulus in there.

Archived