1935 BMW R7

Steve1962

That is one awesome machine, there realy is something timeless about the whole Art-Deco movement. It is realy a sad thing that it did not make it into production, it would have fit right in with cars like the Cord, and Dusenberg(sp?).

Frick...I saw that title and was SO hoping it was a misplaced classified ad!

If it was could you afford it :S

Very nice looking machine.

Ok, fess up...Is this a spoof?

From the provided link.....

Art Deco treasure

After over seventy years languishing in a box the R 7 has been restored to its former glory. Although the motorcycle, manufactured in 1934, was only ever a prototype and never went into production it is one of the most important, innovative and visually stunning motorcycles ever produced.

Spoof? NO! More unobtainable than factory team Honda superbike parts, or the exact specs of a Ducati GP motor and frame,YES. That bike is an absolute treasure from a era of brilliant design, superb architecture, a maniac xenophobic pontificating bastard coming to power in Germany, and an economy in the USA that was, ahh, pretty much like the one we are on our way to now... It is an excellent example of humanities capacity to create things of beauty and grace in the worst of times. Can you tell that I really like it?

I'd love to have a nice print of that bike for the wall...to go with the R32, R69, R90S, R100RS...

Anyone know how to obtain one?

MB>

If it was could you afford it :S

Hell no...but I could dream, and kick myself for not becoming a doctor or lawyer or failed bank executive or something.... :grin:

Archived