IGNORED

2-up cloverleaf rides

drswift

I've pursuaded my wife to fly out and meet me at the UN so we can see some of that beautifuyl country together. She's not into hig-speed ironbutt rides, so I'm hoping somebody will come up with some nice "stop-and-smell-the-roses" day rides (with photo ops). Any suggestions appreciated. Keep us in mind if you are looking to do the same type of exploring. We're looking forward to it!

Dave,

I definitely agree with Rocks that she'll have a great time with lots to see. Any of the loops can be mixed and matched or shortened considerably. Plus, every few miles there will be great views, a good chance of seeing moose and other wildlife, short hiking jaunts to various waterfalls, and lots of little towns to with antique shops and history behind them. There are covered bridges, the Cog Rail, and general stores that still have penny candy. You'll see a lot of New England in a 50 mile radius and, at a minimum, you should consider the Kancamagus Highway, Mt. Washington Auto Road, and Rt 16 along the Androscoggin River.

Bring a camera with a telephoto lens, binoculars, and/or hiking boots. You can also bring a credit card and a mailing address to ship home everything she buys. :eek:

Once the snow/ice breaks up a little more, we'll be starting our detailed pre-run mappings of the area and will then be able to provide everyone with more sites/routes to pick and choose from.

Any thoughts on where she might fly into? We're looking forward to meeting you both.

Paul

We're thinking about Burlington, VT airport, having her come in a few days early and do some of the Adirondacks and Vermont before we come back up to Lancaster.

Lets_Play_Two
I've pursuaded my wife to fly out and meet me at the UN so we can see some of that beautifuyl country together. She's not into hig-speed ironbutt rides, so I'm hoping somebody will come up with some nice "stop-and-smell-the-roses" day rides (with photo ops). Any suggestions appreciated. Keep us in mind if you are looking to do the same type of exploring. We're looking forward to it!

Penelope and I will be doing shorter more leisurely routes with scenic, lunch and coffee stops. 200 mile rides can be very nice over the course of the entire day....no rush.

Picture of a lunchbunch at Un VI in West Virginia.

474790319_iNpjb-L.jpg

My avatar is a pic from a photo stop during the same trip!!

Once the snow/ice breaks up a little more, we'll be starting our detailed pre-run mappings of the area and will then be able to provide everyone with more sites/routes to pick and choose from.

Paul,

Id be interested in going with you guys on your scouting trips

Ray

Archived