IGNORED

Your opinion on UN decals

drswift

I don't know when the "tradition" of providing decals (1 or 2) at an Unrally began, but we are questioning whether we want to go this route. They aren't cheap, and not everyone puts them on their bikes.

What's your view? One, two or none?

What about an alternative: hats or other chotchkies?

Are stickers more than hats? I'm guessing that more would use a sticker somewhere--bike, tool chest, garage, etc.--than would wear a hat.

Other things, coozies, printed plastic cups, etc. have proved less popular. There's always been a demand for stickers. Keep in mind that they need not be reflective.

As always, my input here is just a suggestion based on experience with Uns past.

I concur with her Hoon-ness. I don't want anything but a sticker. I would like a reflectorized over non, but if it is a cost issue just make it weather proof/outdoor friendly.

I have so much bike related stuff (just case home with more) that I would say cost is the most important issue to me. I would think we have a lot of time to decide, maybe as folks start to pre-register we could ask them what their preference (if any) was?

Personally I really like the more useful items these days, like say a small flashlight or a coffee cup....or how about a pin? Could just be a simple one with IX on it.

Dave,

Let's get an estimate for reflective and non-reflective decals. 2, 3, & 4 color. Same size & shape as the web site decal. Get all price breaks from qty. 1 to 200.

Then we can play around with alternate ideas as long as the price is less than or equal to the decal price we decide on.

This will at least give us what we need for the budget.

Leslie,

Who has done the decals in the past? The T-Shirt vendor? Other?

How many Unrallys have had decals available?

Four of the seven had decals. People asked about decals at all of them.

I don't know who did them for #1. Rodger did them for #3. I suspect that whoever Tasker had for shirts also did the stickers for #5 and you'd have to ask Wiener Steve about the John Day stickers.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

The place where I had my Share the Lane stickers done specializes in T-shirts and Stickers. I'm not too impressed by their shirts, but the stickers have been really good.

They only do Oval shapes in minimums of 1000. I don't know how many stickers were handed out at any of the other other UNs, but if 200 people show up that's 5 stickers each.

Prices:

http://contagiousgraphics.com/Stickers/diecutPricing.html#ovals

The most expensive 4 color (minimum 1000) comes out to $0.604 each. If we wanted to do something fancy, like a Gem shaped die cut sticker, I could put forth the effort to get a quote.

Archived